Christy Mihos Charged With Assault And Battery On Wife
BARNSTABLE (CBS) – Former gubernatorial candidate Christy Mihos has been charged with assault and battery.
Mihos, 63, is accused of threatening his wife Andrea during an argument on Feb. 20 near their Florida home and pushing her on July 10, 2011 at their home in West Yarmouth.
Mihos’s wife Andrea told police in February that the argument was sparked after she reminded her husband of his bad choices. His wife said Mihos was addicted to prostitutes and porn stars, and the I-Team revealed in May that Mihos was a reckless spender.
Andrea Mihos filed for divorce from her husband earlier this year.
Mihos’s attorney, Edward Ryan Jr., has denied all of the allegations against his client.
Ryan issued a statement to WBZ-TV on Tuesday:
“I am disappointed but not surprised that a complaint was issued given the low quantum of proof that’s required at a clerk’s hearing. Mr. Mihos denies that he ever assaulted his wife. He also denies emphatically the false statements made by his wife regarding the expenditure of money for prostitutes and call girls. Mrs. Mihos is desperately trying to gain an advantage in the pending divorce proceedings and has demonstrated an unabashed willingness to lie. Mrs Mihos’s complaint of assault was made six months after the alleged event. She has made several inconsistent statements and was so unbelievable that Florida authorities decided not to press charges in that state.”