Buy Or Sell: John Calipari Will Leave Kentucky For The Lakers
BOSTON (CBS) – It was a “Buy or Sell” Monday on The Adam Jones Show’s “Game of Jones.” Play along with Adam Jones and Rich Keefe on the following topics…
1. With four games left to go in the regular season, the Bruins have clinched the Eastern Conference and currently stand at 113 points. Buy or Sell this Bruins team as the best group of guys under head coach Claude Julien.
“The best team they had, regular season, was two years before they won the Stanley Cup. They finished with the no. 1 seed and they lost in the second round to the Carolina Hurricanes. That year they had 116 points. They already have 113 this year with four games to play,” said Jones. “They have a better goal differential now than they did that season. This team blows them out of the water. Just going by the regular season? I’ll buy that. Absolutely.”
2. The Patriots cut veteran safety Adrian Wilson last week just one day after re-signing Pat Chung. That leaves Devin McCourty, Duron Harmon, Tavon Wilson and Chung as the only players on the roster with safety experience in the NFL. Buy or Sell the bulk of the season the Patriots already have their two starting safeties on the roster.
“I think I’m gonna buy that as well. Maybe there’s a trade still to come, but there’s nothing really available in free agency. The question is do they draft a guy high enough? I don’t think the supply is there,” said Jones. “The Patriots aren’t gonna reach with that 29th pick, I don’t think. I think they’ll wait a little longer to draft a safety and maybe just go with the guys they have right now.”
3. Kentucky head coach John Calipari is rumored to be the next man in line for the Los Angeles Lakers job and it’s supposedly already a “done deal.” Buy or Sell Calipari giving the NBA a whirl again.
“My god, that’s a buy. His connections in the NBA are other-worldly. So it’s just a matter of him going back at the right time. I want him back in the NBA. I think he wants back in the NBA, and if I’m an NBA general manager I want him there, because the NBA is turning into a recruiting league. That’s what he does the best. Not only do I want him there, but I think he’ll succeed at it,” said Jones.
“I like coach Cal, but there’s no salary cap at Kentucky. Guys in the NBA might wanna play for him, but they’re not gonna wanna take a pay cut,” added Rich Keefe.
4. Twins Aaron and Andrew Harrison are both freshmen phenoms at Kentucky under Calipari. Buy or Sell they should make the jump to the NBA after just one college season.
“My feeling is no. I’ll sell that. When I look at these two prospects and the season they’ve had, these are the exact kind of guys you don’t wanna fall for as an NBA team. If the demand is there for these guys to be lottery picks, then yes they should go. But I don’t know that the demand is there, even after this Final Four run. I think these two guys can benefit from another year in school.”
5. The Undertaker was undertaken Sunday night at WrestleMania by Brock Lesnar in what some are calling the greatest upset in modern sports history. Buy or Sell Lesnar as a good choice to break the Undertaker’s WrestleMania winning streak.
“I’ll sell the idea of Lesnar specifically being the one to break the streak, but I think having the Undertaker lose is good. You can’t just have him go undefeated in the history of that event.”
Listen for the full discussion and tell us your opinion on these topics in the comments section below:
MORE SPORTS FROM CBS BOSTON
- Red Sox Beat Phillies 7-5
- Tom Brady On DeflateGate: ‘We Have All Lost’
- Report: NFL Owners To Re-Evaluate Roger Goodell’s Role In Disciplinary Process
- Bill Belichick Talks Playoff Losses In ‘Do Your Job’: Gronk ‘Might Have Made A Difference’
- Fired Dolphins Trainer Claims Ted Wells Acted Improperly During Richie Incognito Investigation