Patriots Release Safety Adrian Wilson
New England Patriots
Buy Patriots Tickets
BOSTON (CBS) — Out with the old, in with the new.
Just one day after welcoming back safety Patrick Chung, 26, to the team, the Patriots said goodbye to veteran Adrian Wilson.
The 34-year-old Wilson was informed of his release by the team on Friday after failing to play in one regular season snap. The veteran safety tore his Achilles in the preseason finale against the Giants.
Wilson signed a three-year, $5 million deal with New England last offseason, but his Patriots tenure officially came to an end this afternoon.
Wilson tweeted, “Can’t make the club in the tub” and “Thankyou to the Patriots organization for the opportunity. I look forward to the future” shortly after 2pm on Friday.
I guess Darrelle Revis won’t have any trouble wearing jersey #24 this upcoming season.
MORE PATRIOTS COVERAGE FROM CBS BOSTON
- Lions’ Dominic Raiola Fined $10,000 By NFL
- Chandler Jones Participates In Patriots Walk-Through
- Brady: Patriots Must Match Packers’ Intensity, Execution
- Bill Belichick Gives Vintage Belichick Answers When Asked About Aaron Rodgers, Packers
- Patriots Hand Out ‘Thanksgiving-In-A-Basket’ On Day Off
- Week 13 Fantasy Football Advice From Dave Richard