WBZ-TV Sources: Missing North Conway Teenager Believed To Be Alive, In Contact With Her Mother
Get Breaking News First
NORTH CONWAY, NH (CBS) – A New Hampshire teenager who had been missing for more than two months is believed to be alive and has been in contact with her mother, sources told WBZ-TV on Thursday.
Fifteen-year-old Abigail Hernandez is still considered to be missing. Few other details about the situation were immediately available. An FBI news release announcing a news conference scheduled for Friday morning noted that Hernandez “has not been found.”
Hernandez left Kennett High School in Conway, New Hampshire at 2:30 p.m. on October 9 and walked the same route she usually did toward the town house she shares with her mother about two miles away in North Conway.
When her mother returned home that evening, Abigail was nowhere to be found.
The FBI had said there was activity on the cell phone of the missing NH teen around the time she went missing, but would not provide any details about that activity.
Since her disappearance, Hernandez’s parents have made a number of public pleas for her return.
In a sit-down interview last month with WBZ-TV’s Michael Rosenfield, Abigail’s mother Zenya Hernandez said she believes her daughter got into a car with someone and then quickly realized she was in trouble.
The FBI has offered a $20,000 reward for information that leads to Hernandez’ return.
MORE LOCAL NEWS FROM CBS BOSTON