NORTH CONWAY, NH (CBS) – The FBI has announced a $20,000 reward for information in the disappearance of Abigail Hernandez.
The 15-year-old has been missing since last Wednesday. Investigators still don’t know if she disappeared on her own or if she was kidnapped.
“The FBI would like to announce an award of up to $20,000 for information leading to the recovery of Abigail Hernandez or information, identification, arrests and conviction of any person or persons responsible for her disappearance,” FBI Special Agent Kieran Ramsey said Thursday.
She was last seen leaving Kennett High School.
CHECK: FBI Timeline
Investigators say they have received over 500 tips since last week. They now say despite their initial reports, it’s unclear if she ever made it home after she left school last Wednesday.
Over the past week, officers have been handing out fliers at a traffic stop in Conway and asking drivers questions.
Abby’s mom spoke publicly for the second time since her daughter vanished. “We’re not giving up hope. Abby we miss you, we truly miss you,” Zenya Hernandez said. “We also wanted to tell you Abby, please stay strong, do not give up, continue fighting.”
The search for Abigail continues, although some of the manpower on the case will be reduced.
MORE LOCAL NEWS FROM CBS BOSTON