Aaron Hernandez Under Investigation In 2012 Boston Double Murder
BOSTON (CBS) – Investigators are looking at Aaron Hernandez as a possible suspect in a 2012 double murder in Boston.
Hernandez is currently being held without bail for the murder of Odin Lloyd, 27, of Dorchester on June 17 in North Attleboro.
Now, authorities are reportedly trying to determine if Hernandez had a role in an early morning shooting July 16, 2012 in the South End.
Sources tell WBZ-TV investigators now believe that Lloyd may have had information about Hernandez’s alleged role in the double murder.
“We’re following evidence, following the leads,” Suffolk County District Attorney Dan Conley said.
Boston Police officers were at Hernandez’s North Attleboro home Thursday night, possibly investigating the 2012 murder.
Daniel Jorge Correia de Abreu, 29, and Safiro Teixeira Furtado, 28, both of Dorchester, were killed when someone fired at the BMW they were in near the corner of Herald Street and Shawmut Avenue.
A third person was wounded. At the time, police said there were two other people in the vehicle, but both ran off before officers arrived.
Authorities believe the gunman fired the shots from a gray SUV with Rhode Island plates before driving away.
There have been no arrests.
Boston Police Commissioner Ed Davis said they are actively pursuing leads.
According to the Boston Globe, investigators believe it all started earlier in the night when a fight broke out at Cure, a club in the South End, between the two men who were killed and a group that included Hernandez.
Suffolk County District Attorney spokesman Jake Wark told WBZ the case is “the subject of an open and active investigation,” but offered no further comment.
Anyone with information is urged to call Boston Police homicide detectives at 617-343-4470.