Woman Arrested At Logan For Smuggling Cocaine In Diaper

BOSTON (CBS) – A woman was arrested at Logan Airport on Sunday after authorities said she attempted to smuggle more than 1,000 grams of cocaine inside a diaper.

Karen Morla Ramos, 22, was arrested at around 7:25 a.m. after she arrived on JetBlue Flight 893 from Santo Domingo.

After customs officials questioned Ramos, they did a pat down search and found she was wearing a “diaper-like garment” under her outer clothing. There, they discovered the drugs.

She was ordered held on $100,000 bail and will be arraigned in East Boston District Court on Monday.

Comments

1. Cinque says:

Another reason why we have to “Press 1 for English”.

2. emom says:

WOW, and a scanner would have seen that the first time around, and folks think there is no reason for such security…. what next will happen., I rather not say,,,,,, bring on the full body scanners,, I feel alot safer with that,,,

1. jeff says:

Are you on the TSA payroll?

3. jeff says:

“This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears he is a protector. ” – Plato

I would rather face the small risk of random crime, than to live like a dog in a cage, being told i am protected. I choose liberty, not tyranny.

This stinks, and plays right into the hands of the TSA. Interested to learn about this woman’s recent history.

4. emom says:

NO I am not a tsa worker, I only say we need more security,, after all the attempted bombings on planes, Sure this is only drugs, but what would it take to be a bomb, not much, and she managed to gain access to a plane, she came from another country with it, and was on a plane, TELL ME THAT IS SAFE . I rather they know before she boarded the plane. So freedom or death,,, I rather have freedom and live.

5. burgermeister says:

“They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.” – Ben Franklin

6. msw says:

This should have been caught in Santo Domingo before she got on the plane so they could absorb the cost of her incarceration.

7. Sloppy_Joe says:

Typical PR

8. stevE O says:

FIRST of all her conflicting answers are what prompted a pat down search.
    second of all none of you idiots would be able to pick out a drug smuggler even if you had a gun to your heads. No Body scanner involved idiots besides I’m sure you guys think shes the only drug smuggler coming through Logan and now all the rest are scared to feed americas insatiable appepitite for the white powdery hurry up and go substance. IM SORRY FOR ALL YOU WHO PREVIOUSLY POSTED that COCAINE HAS ruined your lives

I AGREE WITH BEN FRANKLIN