PROVINCETOWN (CBS) –A shark sighting off Provincetown closed Race Point Beach for one hour Thursday afternoon.

The Cape Cod National Seashore said there was a confirmed shark sighting at 3:45 p.m. Authorities then closed the beach for swimming.

Video shared with WBZ-TV shows beachgoers screaming “out of the water!” as a shark is seen apparently eating a seal close to shore.

The sighting comes one day after a shark bit a swimmer in the water off Truro. It was the state’s first shark attack since 2012.

Comments (23)
  1. Tommy Amparano says:

A shark in the ocean? Wow who would have thought. Stay out of the murder soup you puny humans.

2. Paull Cudak says:

Environmentalists refuse to allow culling the seal population around Monomoy, no different than they refuse to cull the Coyote population. So now besides little fluffy going missing some night maybe it’s Mommy or Daddy or little Suzy that won’t be coming home.
    We close beaches to improve the Pipping Plover Population that way when they migrate to So. America in the winter the Venezuelans will have something to eat.

3. Alex Schmitt says:

And in breaking news: visitors to Central Park saw large numbers of pigeons flying around.

4. Roland Osbold says:

talking about Animals look what happen to me…

There was a little young Cat parading in front of our Apartment Building, I talked to her, telling her how pretty she was, several times. The next thing happen ,she was in front of my Window, meowing, I live on the ground Floor, how she found me ???? I let her in and feed her. My Landlady does not want us to have any Pets, so after an hour or so, I have to let her go. When I come Home at Noon-Time, that Cat, I named her ..Sheba,, was waiting for me, I open the Screen ,she jumped up. This went on for 3-4 months. It was late at Evening around 9.30 pm I was in Bed, ready to go to sleep, I was on my Stomach ,my Arm spread out, WHEN THAT CAT JUMPED ON TOP OF MY BED, how is this possible, there was NO Cat in my Apartment. She was walking toward me, I could feel her Legs walking, step by step, next she was lying down next to me ,her Body touching my side, then she pushed both her Paws UNDERNEAT my right Arm, next I went to sleep. The next morning I talked to my Neighbor’s about that Cat, they told me ,,have you not heard ,that Cat was hit and killed by a Car. So after she was dead she walked right through the Wall and came to visit me. ANIMALS HAVE ALSO SOULS.
    go to my Webpage on Facebook ,search,, ,the cure for any cancer, ,its free, the cure itself is so easy you can do it yourself at home, and it works 100%, cost 2-3.00$..People are spending over 100.000$ for useless treatment, at the end they still DIE… plus many more information you never heard of. GOD created Human Beings 1+billion years ago out there in our Universe, learn how they live and travel, they are far, far ahead of us, why 1/3 of the Angels rebelled against GOD, no Man has seen GOD, I did, find out what happen, it is a must read, you will be glad you did

5. Buck Nakey says:

Hey mister, where’s my pup, I threw a stick in the water, and he didn’t come up.
    “Shark Attack Shark Attack, get out of the water and don’t look back.

6. Christopher Witzel says:

At Joe’s Crab Shack, order the Shark Bite and they will yell “Everybody out of the water it’s a shark!!” As they pour the Grenadine in a Blue Drink! Yummy!!

7. The important thing is that she “got it on video”. That’s what really matters.

8. Carter Gwynn says:

So many illegals. What to do with them? HHmmmm

9. Stehr Va says:

Am I blind I don’t see anyone in the water in the first place. People I realize the majority of you o that beach are liberals and wealthy and don’t often experience scary things because you live in a padded world BUT sharks live in the ocean and are always in and among the swimmers BECAUSE they live there. WE are the intruders. If you are that freaked out swim in the pool in your back yard.

10. Matthew Dunnyveg says:

By all means, get liberals out of the water! As foul and rotten as liberals are, taking a bite out of a liberal would kill these poor sharks.

11. Kill a few and the rest will get the message. Sharks that is.