BOSTON (CBS/AP) — Former New England Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez was “argumentative” and slammed the door on police during their first encounter following his friend’s death, according to court records.

READ MORE: Cold Stretch Begins Second Half Of Winter, February Looks Milder Than Average

Hernandez was seen on his own video surveillance system. (Credit: Hernandez Search Warrant)

Hernandez was seen on his own video surveillance system. (Credit: Hernandez Search Warrant)

Hernandez was later accused of orchestrating the man’s death in an industrial park near Hernandez’s home.

According to an affidavit attached to search warrants unsealed Tuesday, Hernandez approached police after he noticed them parked outside his North Attleboro home on June 17, the day Odin Lloyd’s body was found.

Police said they asked him about a vehicle he had rented. Hernandez told them he rented it for Lloyd and had last seen him in Boston the day before, the documents said.

The affidavit then said Hernandez became argumentative, asked “what’s with all the questions?” and locked the door of his house behind him.

He then returned with his attorney’s business card, and didn’t respond when police told him they were investigating a death.

“Mr. Hernandez slammed the door and relocked it behind him,” the records read. “Mr. Hernandez did not ask officers whose death was being investigated. Mr. Hernandez’s demeanor did not indicate any concern for the death of any person.”

Read The Search Warrants:

Search Warrant: What police searched

Search Warrant: What police found

Search Warrant: North Attleboro home search

Search Warrant: Vehicle search

Search Warrant: Police search dumpster at rental car agency

Search Warrant: Cell phone search

Search Warrant: Police search Hernandez home a second time

Search Warrant: Police search Patriots team locker

Hernandez came out about 10 minutes later and agreed to be questioned at a police station, according to the documents.

According to investigators, it was that vehicle’s tire tracks that were found near Lloyds body. When the vehicle was returned to the rental car agency, cleaners found a bullet and cotton-candy flavored bubble gum.

Hernandez is seen on gas station surveillance camera’s on the night of the murder, buying cotton-candy flavored bubble gum.

Three days before the murder of Odin Loyd, Hernandez was seen at a Boston nightclub, and a witness who works nearby told investigators he saw a handgun in Hernandez’ waistband.

READ MORE: New Hampshire Cold Case Unit Solves 1972 Murder Of Haverhill's Arlene Clevesy

Loyd was seen with him.

Loyd was found June 17, in a field less than a mile from Hernandez’ home. He had been shot 5 times with a .45 caliber handgun.

Evidence now shows that another .45 shell casing was found in Hernandez’ rental car and it came from the same gun that killed Odin Loyd.

On the night of the murder, Hernandez texted Loyd, saying “I’m coming to grab that tonight.”

And just after midnight, hours before he was killed, Loyd replied, “we still on.”

Hernandez is being held without bail after pleading not guilty to murder.

His attorneys have said the evidence against him is circumstantial and that Hernandez is anxious to clear his name.

Eight search warrants were unsealed Tuesday after news organizations sought access to the records. A judge had granted the media requests on Monday.

The search warrants reveal the breadth of the investigation, with authorities scouring through everything from Hernandez’s house to the contents of his team locker, which the Patriots had emptied into a container.

The warrants covered multiple cellphones, the video surveillance system at his North Attleboro house and various vehicles — including a Hummer with a A Glock .45 caliber magazine inside.

Police say it was consistent with that used in the murder of Lloyd.

The records also detailed a discussion police had with Hernandez’s girlfriend, Shayanna Jenkins, after she dropped him off at the police station.

Police said they pulled her over and she immediately burst into tears when she heard Lloyd was dead. She later told them she had last seen him two days earlier, according to the documents.

She also said she had been out to a Father’s Day dinner with Hernandez on June 16, but they returned home early and she went to bed. She said Hernandez was away that night and she didn’t know who he was with.

The records said Jenkins then received a call from Hernandez, who told her his agent had advised him to tell her not to speak to police.

Also Tuesday, a man who faces a gun charge in the case agreed to remain in jail until a hearing next month.

Carlos Ortiz, 27, appeared in Attleboro District Court, where a hearing to determine if he is a danger to the community was scheduled for Aug. 14. If Ortiz is determined to be dangerous, he can be held without bail for 90 days.

Ortiz is from Hernandez’s hometown of Bristol, Conn., and was with Hernandez when they picked up Lloyd the night he was killed.

Another man who was with Hernandez that night, according to police, pleaded not guilty Monday to an accessory to murder charge in the case. Ernest Wallace, 41, of Miramar, Fla., will be held without bail until another hearing on July 22, under an agreement between his attorney and prosecutors.

MORE NEWS: Hasty Pudding Theatricals Return With 'HPT 173: Ship Happens' In February

WBZ-TV’s Bill Shields contributed to this report

(TM and © Copyright 2013 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2013 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)