BOSTON (CBS) – Charlie Sheen stopped by the 98.5 Sports Hub studios early Wednesday morning for a lengthy interview with hosts Fred Toucher and Rich Shertenlieb.

Shertenlieb went to Sheen’s show at Agganis Arena Tuesday night and was able to get a front row seat.

He then invited Sheen to come on their top-rated morning show.

Sheen obliged and came by the studio in Brighton at 12:30 a.m. for an hour and-a-half interview.

“The crowd was an 11.  The show was like an 8.5, 9 at some points,” Sheen said about his Agganis performance.

WBZ-TV’s David Robichaud talks to Toucher & Rich

Perhaps the most surprising aspect of the interview was when Sheen said he is not receiving syndication payments for his hit show Two and a Half Men.

“I probably shouldn’t talk about that. I’m supposed to (be getting syndication payments) but that is, what’s the term, ‘being withheld,’” Sheen said.

“So you are not being paid for it?” Toucher asked.

“Not completely,” Sheen replied. “At all actually.”

“How do they justify that?” Shertenlieb asked.

“They can’t, that’s why I’m suing them,” Sheen said. “It is unfair.”

Sheen also said his return to the show was about “85-percent” but could not elaborate.

Sheen Talks About Syndication Pay

“He talked about being on the set of ‘Apocalypse Now’ and going back there ten years later after his dad had a heart attack duiring the filming of that of movie and going to shoot ‘Platoon.’ He tried to call Jon Cryer, he tried to call his brother,” Toucher said.

Sheen also said there is a script for Major League 3, and many of the original actors from the first movies are slated to reprise their roles.

Listen to a 2-minute segment:

Comments (103)
  1. Ryan says:

Ashley must be an EEI fan. Go back and listen to D&C.

2. Ashley says:

no actually i’m a 106.3 listener lol!! we can talk about that if you would like?

3. Dan says:

Ashley, this is all SO over your head. The whole world is laughing AT Charlie Sheen, only pretending to laugh with him so that he’ll continue the train wreck.

That you can’t see that and continue in your failure to see the ruse is what is truly sad and is the cause for the responses here.

Join us. It’s fun over here.

1. Ashley says:

no thanks

4. Rich K. says:

Will there be a full podcast of this? Only hours 1 & 4 of today’s T&R show are up on the site and they replayed the Sheen interview at the start of hour 2

5. Frank Davis says:

Did anyone, besides me, listen to the entire T&R show from start to finish? The thing about Sheen before the interview that got to them was the catchphrase rants he did toward the end of any interviews. Those drove me up the wall also. But Rich had the balls to ask Sheen during the show in front of everyone if he would come by the station and do an interview. He said yes and they did it right after his show. T&R are the morning drive guys and Toucher came back to the station to be a part of this while Rich set the whole thing up. Sheen showed up & there were questions asked that I would have asked him if I had the chance. He came off as a nice guy and did 90 minutes!!! Think about that. He did his show, came over to the station and started interview at 12:30am live!!! Then stuck around for pictures & a bumper for T&R. He liked the guys so much that he gave them his number AND his brother’s so they can help get them back together!!!
    I say great job T&R!!! This shows why your station is becoming #1 in all time slots for sports talk & entertainment.

6. Mark says:

I can’t find any link to hours 2-3 or this day’s show or the entire interview itself. I also couldn’t find any sign of hour 4 from the 4/12 show. What gives?

7. Josh says:

WHERE IS THE CHARLIE SHEEN PODCASTS!?!?!? AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!! I NEED TO HEAR IT!!!!!

8. Kim says:

Could you please post the entire interview online to listen to? I missed most of it because I had to be in a meeting.
    Thanks!

9. Ziggy says:

Please post the full interview online!

10. Dean says:

gotta love it when other people are trying to take stuff from the small guys with little credit.

11. rhpooley says:

Everyone keeps asking for it — where can the full interview be found/downloaded?

1. imapterodactyl says:

Thanks so very much for this link! I’ve been looking for this ever since hearing about the interview at 6:30a yesterday. I was at the Connecticut show, which was probably the most well received of the entire tour so far, and the man was on fire. It was disorganized for sure, but he can certainly think on his feet and keep things moving with no script for a solid 80 minutes, which is pretty surprising considering he had absolutely no live performance experience until this tour began (and with next to no time to plan an actual SHOW even). Props to Charlie for having the balls to continue the tour, and for agreeing to this interview.

12. Lee says:

Does anyone know where I can listen to the whole interview? It doesn’t look like it was posted to the Podcast.

Thanks!