WBZ Cares is our public service initiative focused on local non-profit entities, events, and causes. Each month WBZ NewsRadio 1030 will select an organization to profile.
Through news stories, public service announcements and guest appearances on NightSide with Dan Rea, we will show the hard work and dedication of our local charities.
WBZ NewsRadio has been a trusted voice in New England for more than 90 years and we would like to work with our listeners to improve the lives of New Englanders in need.
If you would like your charity to be considered, please send us an email.
WBZ NewsRadio 1030 is proud to support the Alzheimer’s Association of Massachusets/New Hampshire Chapter. Alzheimer’s Association MA/NH Chapter is one of over 70 Alzheimer’s Association chapters serving communities across the United States providing care and support for all those affected by Alzheimer’s and other dementias. The organization is committed to accelerating the progress of new treatments, preventions and ultimately a cure.
The Alzheimer’s Association opened its doors in 1980 as one of the founding Chapters of the national association. In the fall of 1999, the Eastern Massachusetts and the Western Massachusetts Chapters joined together to form the Massachusetts Chapter of the Alzheimer’s Association. In 2007, the Chapter assumed responsibility for providing services to families and professionals living and working in New Hampshire. Throughout both states, they strive to offer a high level of programs and services.
The Alzheimer’s Association is the largest private investor in innovative research related to Alzheimer’s and related disorders. The Alzheimer’s Association has a highly regarded scientific program. Working with thousands of expert reviewers around the globe, providing millions of dollars in research grants every year. The Alzheimer’s Association also sponsors the largest international research conference on Alzheimer’s. In addition, the Association works to educate the public about exciting developments in the research community. The Alzheimer’s Association TrialMatch™ program is a free service that makes it easy for people with Alzheimer’s, caregivers, families, and physicians to locate clinical trials based on personal criteria (diagnosis, stage of disease) and location.
To eliminate Alzheimer’s disease through the advancement of research; to provide and enhance care and support for all affected, and to reduce the risk of dementia through the promotion of brain health. To have the world without Alzheimer’s Disease.
- NightSide – WBZ Cares – Alzheimer’s Association
- WBZ Cares: Alzheimer’s Association Helps Fund Experimental Medical Procedure
- WBZ Cares: Annual ‘Walk To End Alzheimer’s’ Event Helps Organization Financial Needs
- WBZ Cares: Alzheimer’s Association Helps Patients With Early Signs of Disease
- WBZ Cares: Megan’s House Raffles Off New Home To Raise Awareness In Substance Abuse
- WBZ Cares: Community and Family Support Help Residents At Megan’s House
- NightSide – WBZ Cares Highlights Megan’s House
- WBZ Cares: Megan’s House Graduate Credits Staff For Changing Her Life
Read: All WBZ CARES Stories from WBZ NewsRadio 1030
- The Megan House
- Camp Harbor View
- The Home For Little Wanderers
- Operation A.B.L.E.
- Good Sports
- Animal Rescue League of Boston
- Generations Incorporated
- Big Brother Big Sister
- Christmas in the City
- New England Center for Homeless Veterans
- Learn to Cope
- Cradles to Crayons
- Genesis Foundation
- St. Mary’s Center for Women and Children
- The Shadow Fund