WBZ Cares is our public service initiative focused on local nonprofit entities, events, and causes. Each month WBZ NewsRadio 1030 will select an organization to profile.
Through news stories, public service announcements and guest appearances on NightSide with Dan Rea, we will show the hard work and dedication of our local charities.
WBZ NewsRadio has been a trusted voice in New England for more than 90 years and we would like to work with our listeners to improve the lives of New Englanders in need.
If you would like your charity to be considered, please send us an email.
WBZ NewsRadio 1030 is proud to support Operation A.B.L.E.. Operation A.B.L.E. of Greater Boston is the only organization in Massachusetts devoted to helping unemployed workers 45 and older, update job search skills and reinvent themselves.
Since 1982, Operation A.B.L.E. has helped more than 35,000 individuals compete in today’s job market and find meaningful work. ABLE is equally committed to serve Massachusetts employers by providing well-qualified candidates to meet their employment needs and by training employees to have the updated skills needed to be as productive as possible at their jobs.
Operation A.B.L.E. offers a variety of services including occupational and computer skills training, job search training and support, coaching and counseling, midternships, and apprenticeships. Their Resource Room is available to help with current job listings. There are professional networking groups and job clubs to help expand your network.
- WBZ Cares: Operation A.B.L.E Graduates Help Fill Many Jobs In Boston
- WBZ Cares: Students and Instructors Earn Second Chance Through Operation Able
- WBZ Cares: Operation ABLE helps mid-lifers get back to work
- NightSide – WBZ Cares – Good Sports
- WBZ Cares: An Idea Created By Two Friends Making A Lasting Impact For Youth Sports
- WBZ Cares: Donated Sport Equipment From Good Sports Help Youths Nationwide
- WBZ Cares: Good Sports Helps Boston Area Children Be Active
- WBZ Cares: Good Sports Helps All Children Be Active
Read: All WBZ CARES Stories from WBZ NewsRadio 1030