It was the birthplace of Jack Kerouac, and it’s is one of the largest cities in the state. But what else is there to know about Lowell? Test your knowledge below.
Related: More Townie Trivia
B. Textile manufacturing
D. Metal production
2. Because of the large textile industry, Lowell was relatively unaffected by the Great Depression.
3. Lowell hosts the nation’s second largest free festival for what type of music?
A. Alternative rock
C. Heavy Metal
4. Lowell has been home to which types of minor league sports teams?
A. Baseball and hockey
B. Baseball and basketball
C. Soccer and hockey
D. Hockey and basketball
5. Lowell aims to lower their voting age.
6. Which convenience store was founded in Lowell?
D. White Hen Pantry
7. Which immigrant population in Lowell has created a cultural neighborhood and hopes to turn it into a tourist destination?
8. Because of its industrial background, Lowell does not have environmentally friendly practices.
9. Lowell was the birthplace of which supermarket chain?
A. Market Basket
B. Price Chopper
C. Shaw’s/Star Market
10. Which movie was not filmed in Lowell?
A. The Invention of Lying
B. The Fighter
C. Grown Ups
D. Louis Cyr
Answers on Page 2