With it’s sandy beaches and laid-back attitude, Barnstable has long been a vacation destination for many Boston-area folk. But just how much do you know about Barnstable?
1. How many villages make up the Town of Barnstable?
2. Which original Power Ranger lives in Barnstable?
A. Pink Power Ranger
B. Red Power Ranger
C. Green Power Ranger
D. Yellow Power Ranger
3. Barnstable won the All-American City Award in 2013.
4. Which Wizard of Oz character spent time living in Barnstable?
A. The Tin Man
B. The Cowardly Lion
C. The Scarecrow
5. What is the origin of the city’s name?
A. The horse-loving founders created the name by combining the worlds ‘barn’ and ‘stable.’
B. The city was named after a local Native American tribe.
C. It was named after a town in England.
D. The first settler named it after himself.
6. Everybody knows the Kennedy compound is located in the Hyannis Port section of Barnstable. What other presidents spent time living in this city?
A. Ulysses S. Grant and Grover Cleveland
B. Martin Van Burren and Franklin Roosevelt
C. Woodrow Wilson and Dwight Eisenhower
D. William McKinley and Herbert Hoover
7. Which village of Barnstable is the central business district?
A. Barnstable (village)
8. The ‘Town of Barnstable’ became a city in 1989. Including Barnstable, how many Massachusetts cities use “Town of…” in their title?
9. Where on the Cape Cod arm is Barnstable located?
10. Which author, who used Barnstable as the setting in one of his short stories, spent time living in Barnstable?
A. J.D. Salinger
B. Kurt Vonnegut
C. William Golding
D. Ray Bradbury
Answers on Page 2