Tale Of The Tape: 2013 Red Sox vs. 2014 Red Sox
- Team Batting Average.271.243
- Dustin Pedroia.318 batting average, 47 RBI.268 batting average, 27 RBI
- Team ERA3.90 ERA3.77 ERA
- Clay Buchholz9-0, 1.71 ERA3-4, 6.75 ERA (and time on the DL)
- Key InjuriesDavid Ortiz was hurt to start the year, but finished strong. Closers Joel Hanrahan and Andrew Bailey both suffered season-ending injuries, but that cleared a path for Koji Uehara to record all those 1-2-3 ninth innings.Shane Victorino, Will Middlebrooks and Clay Buchholz have all spent significant time on the DL this season.
- The StandingsFirst in AL East, 3.5 games up on BaltimoreFourth in AL East, six games back of Toronto (six games back in Wild Card standings also)
The 2014 Boston Red Sox will have to have one heck of a second half if they want to repeat last season's glory.