Fire

(Credit: Thinkstock)

Officials: Smoking Likely Cause Of Fatal Fire In Chelmsford

Massachusetts officials say smoking was the likely cause of a fire at an independent living center for seniors in Chelmsford that killed a 76-year-old woman.

01/02/2015

Fire on Davis Street in Brookline (Carl Stevens/ WBZ NewsRadio 1030)

85-Year-Old Woman Saved From Brookline Fire

A 85-year-old woman was rescued after a fire broke out in her apartment building on Davis Street.

01/01/2015

Duxbury firefighters respond to a Plymouth house fire (Photo credit Duxbury Fire Department)

Firefighters Battle Heavy Fire At Plymouth House

Firefighters battled a 2-alarm house fire in Plymouth early Sunday morning.

12/28/2014

A mother saved her baby from this fire in Southwick (Photo credit Southwick police).

Christmas Morning House Fire In Southwick Ruled Accident

Massachusetts officials say a fire at a home where a mother rescued her toddler son early Christmas morning was an accident.

12/26/2014

A mother saved her baby from this fire in Southwick (Photo credit Southwick police).

Southwick Mother Breaks Window To Save Baby From Fire

A Southwick mother broke a window to save her baby inside a burning home.

12/25/2014

State Fire Marshal Stephen Coan in October 2014. (WBZ-TV)

Mass. Fire Marshal Warns Holiday Revelers To Be Careful

The Massachusetts fire marshal’s office is warning Christmas revelers to be careful and take a few moments to check their smoke and carbon monoxide alarms are in working order.

12/25/2014

A firefighter enters the home on Essex Street Sunday night. (WBZ-TV)

Man Trapped, Severely Burned In Chelsea Apartment Fire

Firefighters rescued a family from the second floor of one home and then found a 49-year-old man trapped on the first floor.

12/21/2014

Fire burns through Allston apartment building. (WBZ-TV)

Fire Burns Through Allston Apartment Building

Twenty people have been displaced from their homes after a fire burned through one side of a four-story Allston apartment building Friday morning.

12/12/2014

The Elf on the Shelf. (WBZ-TV)

Elf On The Shelf Causing Fire Safety Concerns

Elf on the Shelf is a popular Christmas tradition, but it can also prove to be a dangerous one.

12/10/2014

Helmet camera footage of a Sturbridge fire (Image credit Sturbridge Fire Department)

Helmet Cam Shows Sturbridge 4-Alarm Fire Up Close

A four-alarm fire in Sturbridge that heavily damaged a home on Tuesday was captured on video by a firefighter’s helmet camera.

12/10/2014

more

previous