Fire officials say improper disposal of smoking materials sparked a fatal fire on Albemarle Road in Waltham on Tuesday.
Officials are investigating two suspicious fires started in Falmouth early Monday morning.
Fires caused by Christmas trees are not common but can be extremely dangerous when they occur.
Fire officials say a 63-year-old woman has died after a fire at an assisted living center in Winchester.
Federal regulators should consider further regulations on electronic cigarettes on airplanes, the state’s top fire official said Friday.
Officials are asking the public for help in their investigation into two early morning fires Monday.
A fire at an Amherst, New Hampshire home is being blamed on a battery, paper clips, post-it notes, and other items stashed in a junk drawer.
New Hampshire’s fire marshal is warning homeowners to make certain that natural and propane gas lines coming into their homes are properly grounded.
A state representative from Danvers is proposing legislation he says will prevent boiler explosions like the one that leveled a Danvers neighborhood five years ago.
Massachusetts State Fire Marshal Stephen Coan says that more than 4,000 people have completed online training to become certified crowd managers in nightclubs. The law was put into place as a response to the RI nightclub fire.