Carbon Monoxide

A woman shovels her walk during the Blizzard of 2015 in Winthrop. (Photo by Darren McCollester/Getty Images)

Blizzard Of 2015: Digging Out Safety Tips

The Blizzard of 2015 left two-to-three feet of snow across southern New England and authorities want you to be careful as you dig out Wednesday.

01/28/2015

Carbon monoxide detectors may have saved the lives of those in a South Dennis home.  (Photo credit: David Curran)

Five In South Dennis Home Hospitalized For Possible Carbon Monoxide Exposure

A carbon monoxide detector may have saved the life of five people in a South Dennis home, according to the Dennis Fire Department.

12/27/2014

Kerosene heater found in Ashland apartment. (WBZ-TV)

Firefighters Find Unconscious Man Near Kerosene Heater In Ashland Apartment

Ashland firefighters found a dangerous make-shift heater inside an apartment.

12/03/2014

Diane Nugent of Nottingham, N.H. (Image Credit: Facebook)

N.H. EMT Dies From Carbon Monoxide Poisoning After Snow Storm

A Nottingham, N.H., woman went to check on her generator after losing power and was overcome by carbon monoxide fumes.

12/02/2014

(WBZ-TV)

Bill Would Require Carbon Monoxide Alarms In Schools, Restaurants

A bill mandating carbon monoxide alarms in schools and restaurants is making its way through the Massachusetts Legislature.

06/20/2014

Firefighters aired out the home on Bavarian Way after the CO scare. (WBZ-TV)

Generator Causes CO Emergency In Kingston Home

Five people were rushed to the hospital Thursday morning after a carbon monoxide emergency at a home in Kingston.

05/08/2014

Six people were suffering from carbon monoxide poisoning symptoms at a home in Fall River. (WBZ-TV Photo)

Carbon Monoxide Poisoning In Fall River Sends 6 To Hospital

Five children and an adult were all taken to area hospitals to be treated for possible carbon monoxide poisoning.

04/25/2014

Four people were sickened by carbon monoxide in a Weymouth home. (WBZ-TV)

Carbon Monoxide Poisons 4 In Weymouth After Car Was Left On

A Weymouth couple thanks God they and their grandchildren are alive after a carbon monoxide scare at their home.

04/22/2014

(WBZ-TV)

Will Your Carbon Monoxide Detector Protect You?

Many people don’t realize the devices are only good for five to seven years.

03/24/2014

Three people died of carbon monoxide poisoning in Plaistow, NH. (Photo courtesy Michael Rosenfield)

Fire Officials Stress Importance Of CO Detectors In Wake Of Plaistow, NH Deaths

The three victims of CO poisoning and the sole survivor were co-workers at a direct sales company.

WBZ-TV–02/19/2014

more

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 3,449 other followers