Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center - Healthy Holidays
- Think Your Drink Holiday cocktails can be loaded with calories. Before picking up that glass of eggnog, you may want to rethink your holiday drink.
- What Makes Chicken Soup The Cure All? They don’t call chicken noodle soup a “cure-all” for nothing. Find out why the different ingredients can actually help make you feel better when that nasty cold strikes.
- Cold and Flu Myths Your mom always told you to dress warm so you don’t catch a cold. Find out if bundling up will really prevent the sneezes and sniffles.
- Turkey and Tryptophan – What’s the Deal? After a big holiday meal of turkey and all the fixings, you’re ready for a nap. Find out if all the yawning is the effect of tryptophan in turkey.
- Hidden Holiday Exercises Too busy to hit the gym this holiday season? Learn which of your holiday activities might actually be burning some extra calories.
- The Art of Letting Go: How to Experience More Joy, Less Stress Are you stressed out from all that shopping, planning and partying? Learn why meditation could help.
- Managing the Holidays with a Long-Term Illness BIDMC social workers share advice on rethinking holiday traditions and celebrations to capture more peace and cheer in the face of a disheartening diagnosis.
- VIDEO: Healthy Holiday Recipes Delicious holiday recipes (including desserts!) can taste good and be good for you! Two BIDMC dietitians share their favorite healthy holiday foods. (Video produced by BIDMC)
- VIDEO: Conversation Ready With your family gathered for the holidays, it might be a good time to make sure that they understand what type of care you would want if you were to become very sick. One BIDMC patient tells her story. (Video Produced by BIDMC).