WATCH LIVE: 9:30 am: Sean Collier Ceremony of Remembrance at MIT
Provided By Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
- To Be Or Not To Be... On Statins? Newly released guidelines for the use of cholesterol-lowering statin drugs recently erupted into an unusual headline-grabbing dispute among heart care experts, leaving patients in a state of bewilderment.
- The Troubled Heart: How Depression and Anxiety Impact Heart Disease Everyone feels sad or anxious occasionally. But for some, depression and/or anxiety can be more extreme, affecting both psychological and physical health.
- Looks Matter: The Signs Of Aging That Can Signal Heart Disease As if getting older is not challenging enough, research points to certain signs of aging as a marker for higher risk of heart disease.
- Top Five Foods For Prevention Of Heart Disease Heart disease is the leading cause of death among both men and women in the United States, but there are things you can do to prevent it from developing in the first place.
- E-Cigarettes And Heart Health: An Aid To Quitting Or A Smoldering Risk? Electronic cigarettes, or e-cigarettes, are a hot item these days. Here are the drawbacks, possible benefits, and the final analysis.
- How The Flu Affects The Heart Getting the flu often just means a few days of feeling lousy, but for some, it can have dangerous effects on the heart.
- How Energy Drinks Could Hurt The Heart The hectic pace of modern life can make it seem hard to keep up. Some may try turning to energy drinks, which are purported to provide mental and physical stimulation, to help stay revved and alert. But are they safe?
- VIDEO: Tour An Operating Room At The CardioVascular Institute Tour one of the state-of-the-art operating rooms at the CardioVascular Institute.
- VIDEO: Five Steps To Heart Health Five simple tips to know, eat, and do to maintain a healthy heart.
- VIDEO: Life Saving Surgery At CardioVascular Institute Meet George -- a patient who's life was saved by surgeons at the CardioVascular Institute.