Health Topic Center
CBS Boston Health News
- Kids With Lice Shouldn't Miss School, Says American Academy Of Pediatrics The American Academy of Pediatrics says kids should no longer be required to miss school after contracting head lice.
- New Treatment Developed In Mass. Promises To Eliminate Cellulite A new procedure to treat cellulite, developed right here in Massachusetts, is promising something pretty unbelievable.
- British Man's Quest For Life-Changing Surgery Leads Him To Mass. A British man who was once one of the heaviest men in the world will undergo life-changing surgery next week.
- MGH Doctor On 'Time 100' List For Alzheimer's Research Dr. Rudolph Tanzi has been chosen as one of Time Magazine's 100 Most Influential People for his Alzheimer's research.
- Stress Of Commuting Affects Men And Women Differently Research has found the psychological impact of commuting affects men and women in very different ways.
- Some Women Choosing More Invasive Breast Cancer Surgery When They Don't Need To Some surgeons and oncologists are calling this the 'Angelina Jolie' effect.
- It's YMCA 'Healthy Kids Day' This Saturday YMCA CEO Kevin Washington sat down with CBS New York's Chris Wragge what it's all about.
- McDonald's Closing Hundreds Of Restaurants As Sales Slide Around the world, the company said that it was doubling the number of store closures this year to about 700.
- Teens Hurting Themselves Doing 'Kylie Jenner Challenge' Teens are trying to puff up their lips just like the reality star, but this could be a dangerous trend.
- Study: MMR Vaccine Does Not Trigger Autism New information that some doctors say could end concerns about the link between vaccines and autism.
- New Camera Technology Connects Mothers With Newborns In NICU South Shore Hospital is using new technology that allows mothers to monitor their newborn babies in the NICU.
- Harsh Northeast Winter No Hindrance To Hungry Ticks The heavy snow could mean more ticks.
- Powdered Alcohol Creator Tries To Get Ahead Of State Bans The creator of powdered alcohol is furiously trying to fend off efforts to ban the product in Maine and across the country before it even hits stores.
- Rita Wilson Undergoes Double Mastectomy After Breast Cancer Diagnosis Actress and singer Rita Wilson announced on Tuesday that she had a double mastectomy after being diagnosed with breast cancer.
- 5 Simple Exercises That Lower Stress Looking for a way to lower stress? Try these five exercises from Dr. Tami Meraglia, author of "The Hormone Secret: Discover Effortless Weight Loss and Renewed Energy in Just 30 Days."