Health Topic Center
CBS Boston Health News
- Study Suggests Moms Have A Biological Connection With Their Dogs A study seems to support an actual biological connection between humans and their dogs.
- Boston Children's Hospital Testing Epileptic Seizure-Detecting Watch Local researchers have developed a watch that can tell a parent if their child is having a seizure.
- Andover Man Donates $375,000 To Hospitals, Fire Department After Heart Attack An Andover man is paying it forward with a gift that should help a lot of other people.
- Breast Cancer Screening Change Could Save Lives Next year, thousands of Massachusetts women will get some unsettling news in their mammogram results.
- Retailers Using Science To Shape Shopping Experience Companies are getting valuable shopper intel that can shape the shopping experience.
- New Technology Increases Number Of Donor Hearts Available Many patients on the heart transplant list die waiting for a heart, but a local company has found an incredible way to significantly increase the number of donor hearts available.
- How To Beat The Winter Blues And Avoid Cabin Fever Winter is all fun and games…until after New Years’ Eve.
- Classes Canceled At North Andover School Due To Widespread Stomach Virus More than 200 students and staff members have come down with a stomach flu at North Andover Middle School.
- Supreme Court Justices Hear Pregnancy Discrimination Case A pregnancy discrimination case is in front of the Supreme Court and its outcome could affect women across the country. A former UPS worker says she was forced into taking unpaid leave when she became pregnant.
- Proposed Fund For Meningitis Victims Upped $35M A proposed fund to compensate victims of a nationwide meningitis outbreak that killed 64 people has been increased by about $35 million.
- MGH Confirms Patient Has Malaria, Not Ebola A patient at Massachusetts General Hospital suspected of possibly having Ebola has tested negative for the deadly virus but positive for malaria.
- Local Entrepreneur-Scientist Develops Google Glass Program For Kids With Autism Cambridge-based entrepreneur-scientist Ned Sahin and his team have been developing programs for Google Glass that build skills of kids with autism.
- Dana Farber Program Helps Young Adults With Cancer When you think of patients with cancer, you often think of middle aged or older adults, but a significant number of young adults are also affected.
- I-Team: Suspected Victims Of Meningitis Outbreak Sue NH Company Suspected victims of the meningitis outbreak linked to New England Compounding Center are now suing the chain of New Hampshire pain clinics that gave them the drugs.
- Bono, Affleck Stay Silent in PSA on Ebola Response Celebrities are playing the waiting game in a new online campaign calling for a unified response to the Ebola epidemic in West Africa.