BOSTON MARATHON: LIVE MONDAY ON CBSBOSTON.COM, WBZ-TV & WBZ NEWSRADIO Read More
- Eye On Education: North End School Teaches Agriculture St. John's School students are growing their own vegetables in a tower garden.
- BC Students' Global Search Turns Up Lost Pagodas It was their professor's idea. During a visit to Shanghai, he heard the story of the pagodas and how they disappeared in 1957.
- Eye On Education: BU Studies Effects Of Marathon Bombings On Children Psychologist Jonathan Comer led a study that assessed the effects of the bombings on children from various parts of the state.
- Mass.-Based Jobs For The Future Gets $4.9M Federal Grant Boston-based Jobs for the Future is the only national program to win a grant from the Youth Career Connect funds.
- Eye On Education: Local Students Connect With Afghan Girls A Sharon Middle School club videoconferences with girls at the Zabuli Education Center in Afghanistan.
- Students Stage Protest Against Fossil Fuels At State House One hundred students rallied in the rain against future construction of gas fired power plants in Massachusetts.
- Mass. Charter School Bill Stalls In Legislature A legislative panel failed to meet a Tuesday deadline for reaching agreement on a bill allowing for an expansion of charter schools in Boston and other urban school districts, leaving the fate of the measure in grave doubt.
- Eye On Education: "CopSync" Technology Improves School Safety Saugus is the first Massachusetts district to use CopSync, a program that alerts the five closest cruisers in the area.
- Mass. Businesses Urges Education Changes To Bolster Worker Skills A report says bolstering public schools is critical to producing more workers with the skills to succeed.
- Bid For Compromise On Charter School Cap Draws Fire Charter schools are becoming more popular. But they're also controversial.