Health Topic Center
CBS Boston Health News
- Rhode Island Girl Dies From Infection Associated With Enterovirus The Rhode Island health department says a child has died from complications of an unusual respiratory virus that has been affecting children across the U.S.
- Young, Healthy People Warned Not To Ignore Signs Of Atrial Fibrillation Heart problems are big problems for Americans, but if you think they only affect the elderly, think again.
- CDC Confirms Patient In Dallas Has The Ebola Virus Officials with the Centers for Disease Control have confirmed that a person in Dallas definitely has the Ebola virus.
- I-Team: Professor Helps Organ Transplant Patients On Multiple Waiting Lists Many transplant patients now multi list in different regions across the country, hoping to speed up their waiting time.
- Doctors Recommend IUDs, Implants For Teen Birth Control The American Academy of Pediatrics is now recommending IUDs and implants as first line options for preventing pregnancy in adolescents.
- Generic Drug Prices On The Rise Some generic drug prices are so high in some cases that patients are choosing to go without.
- Mass. Doctor Declared Free Of Ebola Virus Returns To Bay State Dr. Rick Sacra returned home to Massachusetts Thursday after being treated for Ebola in Nebraska.
- Women Fight Back Against 'Food Shaming' Phenomenon Many women say they’re met with insulting comments by strangers if they eat a high calorie food in public.
- I-Team: Local Schools Using Subpar Football Helmets The I-Team found some local schools using helmets that at least one prominent research facility has deemed unacceptable.
- First Enterovirus D68 Case Confirmed In Massachusetts The Department of Public Health has confirmed its first case of Enterovirus D68 in Massachusetts.
- I-Team: Cancer Research In Jeopardy After Alleged Misuse Of Funds Millions of dollars in federal grant money that was supposed to go to cancer research is missing.
- New Device Helps Heart Failure Patients Stay Out Of The Hospital A device called CardioMEMS will allow doctors to measure pressures in the heart and act on them without even seeing the patient.
- Suspected Enterovirus Cases Being Treated At MGH Massachusetts General Hospital has seen multiple potential cases of Enterovirus, a virus that recently made its way into New England.
- What You Need To Know About Enterovirus WBZ-TV's Dr. Mallika Marshall answers common questions about Enterovirus.
- What Has The Affordable Care Act Accomplished A Year Later? With almost a year under its belt, has the Affordable Care Act impact as many people as it originally set out to?