Health Topic Center
CBS Boston Health News
- Marijuana Now More A Habit For College Students Than Cigarettes, Study Finds More U.S. college students are making a habit of using marijuana, according to a new survey.
- Matters Of The Mind: Conquering Back-To-School Anxiety A report from the National Institutes of Health says anxiety disorders are the most frequent mental disorders in children and adolescents.
- Patients With Several Prescriptions Find Comfort In 'PillPack' Twenty percent of Americans take five or more prescription drugs and managing all of those medications can be a nightmare.
- Family From Ireland Hopes Boston Doctors Can Save Boy's Life Cian McDonnell-Lynch is just four years old. He's been given until Christmas to live.
- Experts Recommend Exposing At-Risk Infants To Small Amounts Of Peanuts About three percent of children in developed countries are now allergic to peanuts and now a leading group of pediatricians is coming out with new recommendations to try to prevent peanut allergies.
- School's Wi-Fi Making Son Sick, Parents Say In Lawsuit A boarding school in central Massachusetts is being sued by parents who claim the school’s Wi-Fi signal is making their son sick.
- Second Cancers Are On The Rise Second cancers are on the rise. Nearly 1 in 5 new cases in the U.S. now involves someone who has had the disease before.
- Boston Fire Department Making Firefighters Aware Of Cancer Risks The Boston Fire Department is fighting back against cancer, which has taken the lives of 160 firefighters in the last 25 years.
- What To Do If Your Child Has Head Lice Experts recently announced that 25 states, including Massachusetts, now have head lice resistant to topical creams and lotions
- Drug-Resistant Head Lice In At Least 25 States, Report Finds Drug-resistant head lice are now in 25 states, including Massachusetts, according to new research.
- Teens' E-Cigarette Use Linked With Later Smoking, Study Finds The study doesn't prove that electronic cigarettes are a "gateway drug" but some doctors say it bolsters arguments that the devices should be strictly regulated.
- Drinking Coffee Daily Linked To Longer Life For Colon Cancer Patients Boston cancer researchers have found that drinking coffee every day may improve the survival rate among colon cancer patients.
- Massachusetts Gets Grant To Treat Pregnant Women Battling Addiction Gov. Charlie Baker says the funding will help save the lives of women and their children.
- Music Helps Patients Cope With Surgery, Research Shows They say music soothes the soul, but it can also soothe pain following surgery.
- Having A Baby Makes Some Feel Worse Than Getting Divorced, Study Claims Many people think that having a baby will be the greatest time of their lives, but a new study says, that may be a pipe dream.