Health Topic Center
CBS Boston Health News
- Suspected Cases Of Enterovirus D68 In Conn., Rhode Island The virus that has sickened thousands of kids and sent dozens to the hospital throughout the country has hit the Northeast.
- Enterovirus D68: What Every Parent Should Know Parents should be prepared for a new virus that is infecting the Midwest and looking to sweep the nation.
- Medical Colleagues 'In Awe' Of Ebola Victim Rick Sacra Coworkers at Family Health Center in Worcester said they were not surprised with Rick Sacra's decision to return to Liberia early.
- Rick Sacra's Family: Prayers Needed For Ebola Recovery Doug Sacra said he spoke to his brother Rick, who was diagnosed with the Ebola virus, on Monday.
- Massachusetts Doctor Infected With Ebola In Liberia Rick Sacra, a Holden resident practicing medicine in Worcester, was working in Liberia when he contracted the Ebola virus.
- Study Says Home-Packed Lunches Less Nutritious Than School-Made Meals A new study finds that what parents pack from home is often much worse than what's offered at school.
- 'Infant Cocooning' Becoming More Popular Among New Parents The idea is to immunize everyone who comes into contact with the baby.
- Local Researchers Find Ritalin Can Reverse Effects Of General Anesthesia General anesthesia is a wonderful thing, but it comes with risks, including lasting effects on the aging brain.
- Highly Contagious Parvovirus Kills 15 Dogs In Lowell Lowell Animal Control Officer Darlene Wood told WBZ NewsRadio 1030 there have been 15 confirmed cases of the canine parvovirus in the past two weeks.
- Whole Foods Recalls Beef From Stores In Newton, South Weymouth Two Whole Foods Market stores in Massachusetts are recalling 368 pounds of ground beef that may be contaminated with E. coli bacteria.