Health Topic Center
CBS Boston Health News
- Boston Study Shows How Serious Concussions Are For Young Football Players Boston researchers just found a connection between the age former NFL players were when they started playing and how they think later in life.
- Doctor: Botox Breast Lift Is 'Gimmick' Dr. Mallika Marshall tells us about two new trends and whether they really work.
- I-Team: State Now Tracking 'Substance Exposed Newborns' The state’s new record keeping shows more than 1,500 substance exposed newborns over a nine month period.
- 3D Printers Reduce Time in Dentist's Chair New technology can reduce time in the dentist's chair by hours, Dr. Mallika Marshall reports.
- Measles Outbreak: To Vaccinate Or Not Vaccinate With the potential to affect thousands, the recent outbreak of measles in the U.S. has placed a spotlight on a debate that’s raged for years.
- Boston Scientists Developing SMART Bandage Called 'Window Into The Wound' Researchers at the Wellman Center at Masschusetts General Hospital are working on a SMART bandage that can be a “window into a wound”.
- Study: Doctors Are Over-Treating Headaches More than 12 million Americans see their doctors every year for headaches, which costs up to $31 billion a year in healthcare costs and lost productivity.
- Boston Researchers Working On 'Treadmill In A Pill' Boston researchers say they have captured the weight loss benefits of a treadmill in a pill.
- Dr. Mallika Marshall On Best Diets Of 2015 U.S. News & World Report had health experts rank the 35 best diets.
- High Tech Apps That Help Boost Mood A high tech approach to improving mood is growing in popularity.
- Massachusetts Issues First Marijuana Certificate The Massachusetts Department of Public Health has issued the state's first certificate of registration for a marijuana dispensary.
- Study Suggests Moms Have A Biological Connection With Their Dogs A study seems to support an actual biological connection between humans and their dogs.
- Boston Children's Hospital Testing Epileptic Seizure-Detecting Watch Local researchers have developed a watch that can tell a parent if their child is having a seizure.
- Andover Man Donates $375,000 To Hospitals, Fire Department After Heart Attack An Andover man is paying it forward with a gift that should help a lot of other people.
- Breast Cancer Screening Change Could Save Lives Next year, thousands of Massachusetts women will get some unsettling news in their mammogram results.