Health Topic Center
CBS Boston Health News
- Study Says Home-Packed Lunches Less Nutritious Than School-Made Meals A new study finds that what parents pack from home is often much worse than what's offered at school.
- 'Infant Cocooning' Becoming More Popular Among New Parents The idea is to immunize everyone who comes into contact with the baby.
- Local Researchers Find Ritalin Can Reverse Effects Of General Anesthesia General anesthesia is a wonderful thing, but it comes with risks, including lasting effects on the aging brain.
- Highly Contagious Parvovirus Kills 15 Dogs In Lowell Lowell Animal Control Officer Darlene Wood told WBZ NewsRadio 1030 there have been 15 confirmed cases of the canine parvovirus in the past two weeks.
- Whole Foods Recalls Beef From Stores In Newton, South Weymouth Two Whole Foods Market stores in Massachusetts are recalling 368 pounds of ground beef that may be contaminated with E. coli bacteria.
- Boston Researchers Train Bees To Detect Diabetes The students are hoping to use this research on bees to look for other diseases that can be detected on a person's breath like tuberculosis and cancer.
- What Robin Williams' Death Tells Us About Parkinson's Disease Williams passing has shed light on his overall health; both mental and physical.
- Mass. Hospital Becomes Breast Milk Depot A local hospital has become a breast milk depot servicing the greater Boston area.
- Robin Williams' Death Prompts New Conversation About Depression A doctor says high profile suicides may lead to a brief increase in the number of suicides but more often encourages people to seek help.
- Patrick Kennedy: "Depression Killed Robin Williams" Robin Williams’ suicide is prompting a larger discussion about depression.