Health Topic Center
CBS Boston Health News
- Teal Pumpkins Help Make Halloween Food Allergy-Friendly One in thirteen kids has a potentially life-threatening food allergy, which can make Halloween downright frightening.
- Blood Type Could Determine Risk Of Certain Health Problems Do you know your blood type? The answer could determine your risk of certain health problems later in life.
- Tom Menino's Decision Could Be Quality Of Life Issue Former Boston Mayor Tom Menino said Thursday he is suspending treatment for an advanced form of cancer.
- Newton Company Develops Prostate Cancer Vaccine Unlike traditional vaccines which try to prevent disease, ProstAtak is designed to prevent cancer from coming back.
- Thousands Will Die From Flu This Year, Doctors Predict Although concerns are mounting across the nation of Ebola exposure, doctors fear the focus could be diverting attention from another potential threat: the flu.
- Hospital: Providence Journalist Free Of Ebola An video journalist from Rhode Island being treated for Ebola is now free of the virus and will be released soon.
- Bedford Company Using 3D Printer To Make Customized Knee Implants Knee replacement is the most common joint replacement worldwide. Providing huge relief, most of the time.
- Speaking To Your Children About Ebola So what can parents do to reassure their kids during this time?
- High Tech Gadgets Help Moderate Food Intake Losing weight can be a real challenge, but now there is high tech help available to help moderate the amount of food eaten.
- Mass. Nurses Worried About Ebola Preparedness Nurses across the country and here in Massachusetts are sounding an alarm that they haven’t been properly trained to deal with Ebola.
- Center For Salivary Diagnostics Could 'Revolutionize' Health Care Landscape There was a ribbon cutting ceremony in Cambridge at the Forsyth Institute's new research center.
- Keller @ Large: Ebola Threat Becoming Key Issue On Campaign Trail The government’s response to the Ebola outbreak has become a political issue.
- Sick Passengers Removed From Emirates Plane In Boston Hazmat crews boarded an Emirates flight that landed at Logan Airport in Boston Monday afternoon.
- Doctor Working On Pill To Heal Concussions A doctor at the University of Texas is working on a pill that repairs brain damage.
- Study: Later Doctor's Visits Lead To More Prescriptions A visit to the doctor later in the day makes it more likely that a patient will walk away with a prescription antibiotic, according to a new report.