WATCH LIVE: WBZ-TV News

Man Found Dead In New Hampshire Home Filled With Carbon Monoxide

LITCHFIELD, N.H. (CBS) – A man was found dead and a woman was rushed to the hospital after a carbon monoxide leak at a home in Litchfield, New Hampshire.

Police and firefighters were called to the house on Moose Hollow Road around 6 p.m. Wednesday for a well-being check.

When they went inside they found fatal levels of carbon monoxide. Jamie Badeau was found dead and a woman was “alive but unresponsive.”

She was taken to Southern New Hampshire Medical Center in serious condition.

It’s still not known what caused the CO leak in the house, but the state fire marshal says the incident appears to be an accident.

co Man Found Dead In New Hampshire Home Filled With Carbon Monoxide

The home on Moose Hollow Road in Litchfield, NH. (WBZ-TV)

There are questions about whether the home was in foreclosure, something the fire marshal says his investigators are looking into as well as whether utilities had been shut off. There was a generator, but investigators won’t say if it was in or out of the house.

Carbon monoxide is a colorless, odorless, tasteless gas. Symptoms of CO poisoning may include a headache, weakness, dizziness, nausea or vomiting, shortness of breath, confusion, blurred vison or loss of consciousness.

If you experience any of these symptoms, get to fresh air and call 911 immediately.

Comments

One Comment

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Boston

Summer of Savings
Download Our App
Download Weather App

Watch & Listen LIVE