Electrical Fire Damages Classroom At Mattapan School

MATTAPAN (CBS) — Flames tore through a classroom at a Mattapan school early Thursday morning.

The fire broke out at the Berea Seventh Day Adventist Academy around 1 a.m.

classroom fire Electrical Fire Damages Classroom At Mattapan School

The inside of the Berea SDA Academy classroom where flames started. (WBZ-TV)

The damage extended into the hallway, causing smoke and water damage that also seeped into the nearby gym.

Boston EMS said nobody was hurt.

The School Board Chair at Berea said the cause of the fire was electrical.

The classroom’s windows were boarded up Thursday morning, and cleanup crews were on scene.

Boston Inspectional Services will be checking the integrity of the building.

WBZ NewsRadio 1030’s Ben Parker reports

Comments

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Boston

Summer of Savings
Download Our App
Download Weather App

Watch & Listen LIVE