Weather Alert: Nor'easter Hits Monday and Tuesday | Forecast | Blog | RadarWeather App

Tom Brady Sets NFL Record For Best TD-To-INT Ratio Of All Time

By Michael Hurley, CBS Boston

BOSTON (CBS) — Tom Brady has found another way to etch his name into the record books.

With three touchdowns and zero interceptions on Sunday’s victory in Miami, Brady increased his season totals to 28 touchdowns and just two interceptions. In doing so, he set a new record for the best touchdown-to-interception ratio in the history of the NFL.

That record applies to quarterbacks with at least 20 passing touchdowns.

Nick Foles previously held the record, having thrown 27 touchdowns and two interceptions back in 2013 for the Philadelphia Eagles.

Brady now has the best and third-best seasons with regard to TD-to-INT ratio, as he threw 36 touchdowns and four interceptions in the 2010 season.

The Patriots’ quarterback missed the first four games of the 2016 season, forced to sit out due to his alleged role in the “DeflateGate” controversy. But since returning to action in Week 5, he’s performed at arguably the highest level of his Hall of Fame career.

On Sunday in Miami, Brady completed 25 of his 33 passes (75.8 percent) for 276 yards, three touchdowns, and no interceptions. He threw the three touchdowns to three different receivers — Martellus Bennett, Michael Floyd and Julian Edelman.

The touchdown to Floyd pushes Brady closer to setting another record, as it was the 65th receiver to catch a touchdown from Brady. Vinny Testaverde owns the NFL record for the highest number of different receivers to catch touchdowns with 70.

With the win, Brady and the Patriots secured the No. 1 seed in the AFC and home-field advantage throughout the playoffs.

In addition to Brady’s personal record, the Patriots set a team record for the fewest interceptions thrown in a season (with a minimum of 500 pass attempts). Jimmy Garoppolo and Jacoby Brissett combined to throw 118 passes without throwing an interception this season. With Brady’s and Garoppolo’s passing touchdowns combined, the Patriots’ team TD-to-INT ratio of 32-to-2 is also a new record.

Brady also passed Dolphins legend Dan Marino on the all-time passing yards list, moving into No. 4 all time with 61,582 yards.

Comments

1. mzstitch says:

Amazing what you can do when you cheat. I’ll never respect this clown.

1. Mat Helm says:

Keep telling yourself that while watching him keep putting the ball exactly where it needs to be. Then explain to us how you could cheat the laws of physics….

1. Jim Killion says:

If the guy was kicking my team’s ass for nearly two decades, I’d hate the guy too.

2. Geo Rubik says:

Brady haters. You make me sick.. He’s the best QB to ever take the field. Look at his stats. Look at his record. He is fun to watch if you like football. If you hate Brady you hate football.

1. Frank Melick says:

The misfits that hate Brady because they hate losing lmao.

3. Steven Prone says:

Mr zilch, your boy, the lying cheating perjuring narcissistic egomaniac POS Goodego was unavailable for comment.

4. Sam Dennis says:

your comment is so stupid it doesn’t deserve comment.

2. Mat Helm says:

He’s probably my favorite QB to watch, but I have to point out that he only played 12 games this year.. So how can it be a record?

1. Greg Johnson says:

ra·tio
      ˈrāSHēˌō/
      noun
      noun: ratio; plural noun: ratios
      the quantitative relation between two amounts showing the number of times one value contains or is contained within the other.
      “the ratio of men’s jobs to women’s is 8 to 1”
      synonyms: proportion, comparative number, correlation, relationship, correspondence

2. Greg Johnson says:

Season(s)

Regular Season Games
      1935-1936 12 games
      1937-1942 11 games
      1943-1945 10 games
      1946 11 games
      1947-1960 12 games
      1961-1977 14 games
      1978-now 16 games

3. Joe Tonelli says:

Try reading the story. It’s NOT how many games he’s played, it’s the RATIO between TDs and INTs. Like the way one wins the Presidency, ELECTORAL votes NOT popular votes.

1. By your logic, Dez Bryant is the actual record holder since he has 1 TD pass and zero interceptions this year!

4. Joe Tonelli says:

FYI He beat Nick Foles’ record of 27-2. Foles played the second half of his FIRST game with the Eagles in 2013 and played a TOTAL of 12 and a HALF games that season.

3. Jack Hasund says:

He might make into the Hall of Fame.

4. ASIA FOR THE ASIANS, AFRICA FOR THE AFRICANS, WHITE COUNTRIES FOR EVERYBODY!

Everybody says there is this RACE problem. Everybody says this RACE problem will be solved when the third world pours into EVERY white country and ONLY into white countries.

The Netherlands and Belgium are just as crowded as Japan or Taiwan, but nobody says Japan or Taiwan will solve this RACE problem by bringing in millions of third worlders and quote assimilating unquote with them.

Everybody says the final solution to this RACE problem is for EVERY white country and ONLY white countries to “assimilate,” i.e., intermarry, with all those non-whites.

What if I said there was this RACE problem and this RACE problem would be solved only if hundreds of millions of non-blacks were brought into EVERY black country and ONLY into black countries?

How long would it take anyone to realize I’m not talking about a RACE problem. I am talking about the final solution to the BLACK problem?

And how long would it take any sane black man to notice this and what kind of psycho black man wouldn’t object to this?

But if I tell that obvious truth about the ongoing program of genocide against my race, the white race, Liberals and respectable conservatives agree that I am a naziwhowantstokillsixmillionjews.

They say they are anti-racist. What they are is anti-white.

Anti-racist is a code word for anti-white.

1. Bulls eye…add to that only BE Black ath leets get off on crimes like murder and rape…whoops…I forgot to mention White ones…Whoops again…ain’t none :) Add to that is the history of lynchings making up about 2700 and of course “for no good reason” while each year going back 10…over 30,000 White women are NOT randomly raped by black feral beast and that is only reported…FBI stats but o my God…someone uses the “N” word and they are “sons of perdition”…as well as over 160,000 Whites murdered by Black inspired sons of Satan…hmmm and yet it was not Whites who were the architects of slavery but Black muzzi’s and Jews…who by the way owned ALL but 3 of the slave running ships…

Then you have a Jew who runs a mostly all Black team called the “REDSKINS” which among Real Indians living on reservations like Pine Ridge is a word that is worse then the “N” word not to mention the Black Buffalo soldiers hired by the Jew owned rail road owners who were assigned to kill any and all Native Americans who lived on or near to be RR track routes and who when doing their job received 14 Medals of Honor for raping and killing the women and children…just like the Black 9th and 10th colored Calvary Blacks assigned to Custers 7th Calvary who brought the Gatling / Hotchkiss guns that were used to murder close to 300 unarmed men women and children at Wounded Knee on Dec. 29 1890…and all received Medals of Honor…

Just thought I would share some holiday history joy for the “yawners” and “goners” and brain dead among the walking dead.

1. I think you and Gerald Jordan are the same person but ‘Gerald’s” post is a copy and paste.

I personally think we have a illegal immigration problem and I agree there is nothing wrong with greatly limiting those we allow into our country but I don’t think you present a well thought out case and it hurts the side you advocate for.

5. Yawn. Yet another great season for Tom Brady and the Patriots.

However, here is my prediction for the Super Bowl this year: New York Giants and Eli Manning are going all the way and will embarrass Brady for a 3rd (third) time with a stunning defeat. Final score: New York Giants 25, New England Patriot 21. It’ll be just as suprising and just as satisfying to watch as were the election results back in November when Hillary Clinton got her ass handed to her by Trump.

6. The record will always have an asterisk because Brady did not play in 25 percent of this season’s game because of the role he played in the Deflategate scandal in January of 2015.

7. John Frings says:

I have been watching Brady for years. I would put him at the best Quarterback to ever play the game.
    He is very smart and does his Homework. Just hope he will be able to stay Healthy and give us a couple more years to look forward to…..

8. Deflated balls work real well. But his God-given balls are huge. Anyone that cheats as he does must has huge ones. Personally, he doesn’t impress me.

1. So, what exactly does it take to impress you? I’m assuming you were the quart back of Alabama in college who led your team to 6 championships (yes you were that good) and had the movie star looks looks of Brady but even handsomer. I’m sure the little lady is a stunner as well. Your kids? One’s a doctor, one a lawyer and you’re one of those people who send those obnoxious Christmas cards with the letter inside informing everyone how much more awesome your family is than anyone else’s. Either that, or you’re just a run of the mill loser. I pick option 2

1. Dorothy – well yes! I indeed was the quart back of Alabama in college and I did lead my team to 6 championships. How perceptive of you! Thank you for acknowledging me. I’m in retirement now and enjoying it very much.

2. Oh yeah – almost forgot – the family is fabulous! Thanks for asking.

9. The record is for quarterbacks with over 20 tds. Y’all need to learn to read Geez

10. John Oakman says:

Tom and Belli are great–Peyton and BElli would have been greater.

11. all the negatives, but you would all love him if was on your team
    Brady MVP
    Superbowl ring number 5 coming soon
    GO PATS

12. Anyone check those footballs to see if they are “under inflated” like the ones this cheating POS used last year?? And I wonder what other cheats he was using?

Once a cheat………………… well, you’re always a cheater!!

13. He’s no Drew Brees tho. Brees hit the 5k yards passing for the 5th time Sunday. No other QB in the history of the NFL has even 2, 5k yard seasons. Shame his overall team wasn’t up tohis standard…

14. I am an OSU grad. Brady beat my Buckeyes and that hurt, at the time. But, he is, without a doubt, the best QB to ever play the game. There aren’t too many people who would have seen this coming. If only my team could have him and the GM behind him. There’s a lot of jealousy at play here. As far as the flattened footballs, that’s a lot of BS. What became of the Giants recent claim? Disappeared without a blip. Go Pats.

15. Teabone Hall says:

Tom is the greatest pro-football player that has ever played the game at this point and anyone thinking otherwise is a moron. The guy wins on so many levels it is amazing.

16. David Last says:

Pertaining to the deflate game Tom Brady could have been playing with a bar of soap and still kicked ass… Haters make me laugh!