CO Leak At Hull Apartment Building: Officials Look Into Man’s Death Afterwards

HULL (CBS) — Authorities are still trying to figure out if a carbon monoxide leak at a Hull apartment building had anything to do with the death of a man on Christmas Day.

First responders were summoned to Westminster Road just after nine o’clock Sunday morning, after a tenant heard a CO detector going off.

The exterior of a Hull apartment building where a carbon monoxide leak was detected. (WBZ-TV)

The exterior of a Hull apartment building where a carbon monoxide leak was detected. (WBZ-TV)

The building was evacuated when firefighters discovered moderate carbon monoxide readings — possibly from a faulty heating system.

But a 27-year-old man at the scene was transported to South Shore Hospital, where he later died.

The Hull fire chief says the victim had been sick for a few days prior to this incident. South Shore Hospital doctors are trying to determine if the carbon monoxide leak played any role in his death.

The investigation into the carbon monoxide leak was ongoing Sunday evening.

Comments

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Watch & Listen LIVE