Exploding E-Cigarette Burns Hotel Guest

CHELMSFORD (CBS) – A man suffered burns early Saturday morning after his electronic cigarette exploded inside a Chelmsford hotel.

Firefighters responded to the Radisson just before 3 a.m. and found minor smoke and fire damage.

An electronic cigarette exploded in a Chelmsford hotel, burning a man's hand. (Image Credit: Chelmsford Fire Department)

An electronic cigarette exploded in a Chelmsford hotel, burning a man’s hand. (Image Credit: Chelmsford Fire Department)

A 47-year-old man was treated at the hotel for second degree burns to his left hand after his e-cigarette’s battery back exploded.

The explosion came while the man was charging the device.

Comments

One Comment

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Boston

Call For Action
Download Our App

Listen Live