BOSTON (CBS) – Every night on The Adam Jones Show, Jones and Rich Keefe take a break from the hard-hitting hot sports takes in a lighter segment called Game Of Jones.
On Wednesdays the guys play “Would You Rather,” in which Jones is asked either/or type questions on various topics.
Here are the questions:
1. Would You Rather have Chicago’s Jeff Samardzija or both Clay Buchholz and Will Middlebrooks?
“I think I’m still gonna say the Red Sox package of Buchholz and Middlebrooks, and here’s why: I have no idea how he would fit in the American League East. We haven’t seen it. We’ve seen him pitch very well in the NL Central. I think he has only one win this season, which is a bit misleading because his ERA is way under 2.00. I know he can punch out guys. I know he has great stuff. I just don’t get why the Cubs would be so ready to trade him now. If the Cubs were sold on him wouldn’t they hold onto him longer?” said Jones.
2. The Chicago Blackhawks Western Conference Finals series against the Los Angeles Kings has just been tremendous. The Kings currently hold a 3-2 lead. Would You Rather have the combination of Jonathan Toews and Duncan Keith, or Anze Kopitar and Drew Doughty?
“I would rather have Kopitar and Doughty. Toews I love. I don’t know how you couldn’t. But to me, I don’t know that Keith is a gifted player on both ends of the ice. Offensively he’s very gifted. But Doughty is such a difference maker. I believe Kopitar described him as their Nick Lidstrom. I think Kopitar is a lot closer to Toews than Keith is to Doughty,” said Jones.
3. Would You Rather watch a tennis major or a golf major?
“Not even close. I would way rather go to a tennis major. If I could pick out of that I’d wanna go to Wimbledon. I would way rather go watch mano-a-mano tennis than a couple of different groups go through in a golf tournament,” said Jones. “Even if it’s on TV I’m still more of a tennis guy.”
4. The Adam Jones Show did a movie review during Keefer Madness this week on the new X-Men movie. Going off of that, Would You Rather have the ability to heal extremely fast with razor sharp claws a la Wolverine, or the ability to control the weather like Storm?
“This would be a tough decision for Clay Buchholz, because you could both heal fast and pick the temperature. I would choose weather. I’m just going to roll the dice that I’ll never get injured that badly. I walk from my couch to my car and into work. What do I really do? I don’t know what I would do with claws. I’d love to control the weather,” said Jones.
5. Lastly, Would You Rather Jennifer Love Hewitt or Tara Reid in their primes? NOT Sharknado Tara Reid.
“I’m a fan of both Keefe in their peak,” said Jones. “But it’s Jennifer Love Hewitt. Easy call,” said Jones.
Listen below for the full discussion!
MORE SPORTS FROM CBS BOSTON
- Hurley: Patriots’ Amicus Brief Could — And Should — Make Major Impact In Tom Brady’s Appeal
- Wade Boggs Wears Yankees World Series Ring During Wednesday’s Ceremony At Fenway
- Jim Breuer Discusses John Jastremski Encounter, Learns How To Use Google On Toucher & Rich
- Comedian Jim Breuer Battles Angry Patriots Fans On Twitter Over DeflateGate