Buy Or Sell: Jon Lester Will Be On The Red Sox In 2015
Red Sox CentralShop for Red Sox Gear
Buy Red Sox Tickets
Sports Fan Insider
BOSTON (CBS) – It was a “Buy or Sell” Monday on The Adam Jones Show’s “Game of Jones.” Play along with Adam Jones and Rich Keefe on the following topics…
1. Red Sox pitcher Jon Lester is still without a contract extension. Buy or Sell Lester remaining on the team beyond this year.
“I buy it,” said Jones. “Even though this negotiation has drawn out a little bit, we may not get an answer to the offseason, with his agent’s track record, his comments in the offseason and spring training, I still think they figure something out.”
2. The Montreal Canadiens are famous for having a home ice advantage at the Bell Centre with their ability to draw penalties from the referees. Buy or Sell the Bruins having as many or more power play goals as the Canadiens at the Bell Centre for Games 3 and 4.
“I sell it. I can’t imagine they even get the same amount of power play attempts up there. The Bruins can do a lot more to clean up their power play, but still I can’t imagine the Bruins get more goals in the Bell Centre when they can’t even do it in their own building,” said Jones.
3. South Carolina defensive end Jadeveon Clowney is widely regarded as the best overall prospect in this year’s NFL Draft. Linebacker Khalil Mack from the University of Buffalo is also considered a lock for getting drafted in the top 10. Buy or Sell Mack being the best defensive player in the draft.
“I’m gonna sell it, but every fiber of my being wants to buy it,” said Jones. “I’m not huge on Clowney, but that just means I wouldn’t take him first overall. I still can’t get myself to take Khalil Mack over Clowney. I’d choose a quarterback over both of them, but I would take Clowney over Khalil Mack, so I sell that.”
4. The no. 1 seeded Indiana Pacers struggled to make it out of the first round against Atlanta and are facing a tough Washington team in the second round. Given their late season collapse and early postseason struggles. . . Buy or Sell the Pacers advancing to the next round of the NBA playoffs.
“I buy it. I have a hard time believing that they can’t beat Washington. I don’t love the Wizards for some reason. I saw the Celtics beat them so I just don’t think the world of them. I think the Pacers will get past Washington in six games,” said Jones.
“I feel like Washington is a much better team than Atlanta though, and I just think Indiana still doesn’t have it together. Washington is healthy right now. When I saw them they didn’t have Nene. With the way they line up, and they got these veteran guys coming off the bench, I think they’ll beat the Pacers then get absolutely crushed by Miami in the next round,” said Keefe.
5. Buy or Sell Cinco de Mayo as a top five holiday.
“I will buy that. I enjoy Cinco de Mayo very much. You don’t really get to celebrate it when you’re working at night like we do, but when it falls on the weekend it’s a nice drinking day. It’s a nice day out in the sun, the weather is starting to turn — I buy Cinco de Mayo as a top five holiday. No doubt about it,” said Jones.
MORE SPORTS FROM CBS BOSTON