2 Hurt In Fireworks Explosion In Abington Apartment
ABINGTON (CBS) – A 17-year-old boy was seriously injured after a firework exploded inside an Abington apartment building Thursday night.
Fire officials told WBZ-TV that the injuries are from a commercial grade firework that went off inside one of the apartments on Woodlands Way around 10 p.m.
The boy suffered extensive injuries to his hand. He was rushed to Massachusetts General Hospital.
A 31-year-old man was also injured. He was taken to Brockton Hospital.
Their names have not been released.
The complex was evacuated temporarily as a precaution.
No other details are available at this point in the investigation.
MORE LOCAL NEWS FROM CBS BOSTON