Gresh & Zo: If You’re Tom Brady, What Do You Want The Patriots To Do This Offseason?
Patriots CentralShop for Patriots Gear
Buy Patriots Tickets
Sports Fan Insider
BOSTON (CBS) - With free agency set to start next week in the NFL, Andy Gresh and Scott Zolak got into the mind of Tom Brady to talk about what the quarterback wants to see his team do to improve this offseason.
For Scott Zolak, it’s drafting a big wide receiver in the first round that can come in and be the number one option for Brady.
Julian Edelman, who hauled in 105 catches for 1,056 yards and six touchdowns in 2013, isn’t a number one option in Zo’s eyes, but has to be brought back.
“I said this for four days; you got to bring back Edelman,” Zo said. “It’s the only guy he [Tom Brady] trusts.”
Gresh feels the receiver position has in-house options with young players like Aaron Dobson, Kenbrell Thompkins, and Josh Boyce.
According to Gresh, Brady would ask for a tight end for the middle of the field, knowing he could deal with the inexperience at wide receiver.
“I need a tight end,” Gresh said. “I can deal with wide receivers on the outside that aren’t that great. I can be a part of coaching up Kenbrell Thompkins. I can deal with Danny Amendola. I can deal with Aaron Dobson. I can get those guys ready to go.”
Gresh, playing the role of Brady, also wants a “bad ass center” to “protect me up the middle.” A good running game was also on Gresh’s wish list.
Listen to the full discussion below:
MORE SPORTS FROM CBS BOSTON
- 5 NFL Teams Already Out Of Contention For 2014 Season
- Kalman: Sacco Hiring, Warsofsky Re-Signing Latest Moves Of Bruins’ Boring Summer
- David Ortiz Day-To-Day With Back Pain After Leaving Game In 9th Inning
- Felger & Mazz: July 24, 2014
- 16 Smoking Hot Female Athletes You Should Follow On Instagram
- Bob Socci’s Quick Hits From Day 1 Of Patriots Training Camp
- Entering 15th Training Camp, Tom Brady Stills Eyes Improvement
- Gresh & Zo’s 2014 NFL Summer School: Jacksonville Jaguars