BOSTON (CBS) – With free agency set to start next week in the NFL, Andy Gresh and Scott Zolak got into the mind of Tom Brady to talk about what the quarterback wants to see his team do to improve this offseason.
For Scott Zolak, it’s drafting a big wide receiver in the first round that can come in and be the number one option for Brady.
Julian Edelman, who hauled in 105 catches for 1,056 yards and six touchdowns in 2013, isn’t a number one option in Zo’s eyes, but has to be brought back.
“I said this for four days; you got to bring back Edelman,” Zo said. “It’s the only guy he [Tom Brady] trusts.”
Gresh feels the receiver position has in-house options with young players like Aaron Dobson, Kenbrell Thompkins, and Josh Boyce.
According to Gresh, Brady would ask for a tight end for the middle of the field, knowing he could deal with the inexperience at wide receiver.
“I need a tight end,” Gresh said. “I can deal with wide receivers on the outside that aren’t that great. I can be a part of coaching up Kenbrell Thompkins. I can deal with Danny Amendola. I can deal with Aaron Dobson. I can get those guys ready to go.”
Gresh, playing the role of Brady, also wants a “bad ass center” to “protect me up the middle.” A good running game was also on Gresh’s wish list.
Listen to the full discussion below:
MORE SPORTS FROM CBS BOSTON
- Red Sox Reportedly Agree To Deal With Mitch Moreland
- John Farrell On What Chris Sale Brings To Red Sox: ‘He Pitches With An Edge’
- Kalman: Humble Kevan Miller Contributing To Bruins’ Surprisingly Successful Defense Corps
- Roche: Sale Trade Carried Lofty Price Tag, But Red Sox In Great Position To Win Now
- Chris Sale ‘Excited’ About Trade To Red Sox As He Poses With Logo In Fort Myers [PHOTO]
- With Sale Acquisition, Red Sox Step To Front Of American League Pack
- All You Need To Know About Chris Sale
- Red Sox Acquire Chris Sale From Chicago White Sox