BOSTON (CBS) – Andy Gresh and NFL Network’s Albert Breer were in studio today and with the completion of the NFL combine there was plenty of football talk.
The two of them weighed in on the recent Jim Harbaugh saga.
There were rumors circulating that the Cleveland Browns and the San Francisco 49ers were discussing a trade that would send draft picks to San Francisco in exchange for Harbaugh.
Gresh opened up questioning how the 49ers could entertain getting rid of someone like Jim Harbaugh. After all, Harbaugh has led the 49ers to the last three NFC Championship games as well as a Super Bowl appearance in 2012.
How serious were these rumors?
Albert Breer did not think a trade was all too plausible saying, “It didn’t make it all the way to the highest levels of the 49ers organization.”
Even with the reports of the 49ers’ organization and Harbaugh speaking sparingly, there is not a big enough rift between the two that would cause Harbaugh to leave town.
Breer seemed to think, “if Jim Harabaugh wanted this to happen, it would have happened.”
Gresh had his reasons for why Harbaugh would choose to leave San Francisco. With all the success he’s recently had, he could be seeking, “more power within the organization.”
Harbaugh may feel his success has earned him the right to be in charge of more decision making and contrary to San Francisco, the Cleveland Browns could offer Harbaugh that.
Gresh and Breer wrapped up the Harbaugh talk with a deabte over what NFL coaches value more: money or power – listen below for the full discussion:
MORE SPORTS FROM CBS BOSTON
- Kevin Faulk Stands With Tom Brady
- What Was Tom Brady’s ‘Incredibly Generous’ DeflateGate Settlement Offer?
- The Best Of Adolfo Gonzalez: Adolfo Gets Hired Full-Time
- Buy Or Sell: Are The Red Sox A Legit Playoff Contender?
- Robb: Danny Ainge, Celtics Still Have Options Despite Offseason Rhetoric
- Michael Felger’s Beautiful Mind Gets Steven Stamkos To Bruins
- This Week In Golf: Sergio García Wins AT&T Byron Nelson In Playoff