Man, 90, Dies From Injuries Suffered In South Boston Fire Saturday
BOSTON (CBS) — A man rescued from a South Boston fire Saturday night has died of his injuries, the Boston Fire Department reported.
The 90-year-old man, whose name was not released, died Monday at Massachusetts. General Hospital.
The one-alarm fire broke out on the second floor of a three-decker at 265 E St. in South Boston.
An elderly woman remains at Brigham & Women’s Hospital in serious condition from the fire.
The Fire Department said the cause of the fire was an electrical short circuit on the second floor.
This is the second fire fatality this year in Boston. An 81-year-old woman died in a Readville house fire on Jan. 25.
MORE LOCAL NEWS FROM CBS BOSTON