BOSTON (CBS) – Jadeveon Clowney and Michael Sam are the two draft prospects making the most noise at the NFL Combine in Indianapolis, but draft analyst Dan Shonka of Ourlads.com has been very impressed with Pitt defensive tackle Aaron Donald.
The best part?
Shonka has Donald going to the Patriots at #29 overall.
Donald was a unanimous first-team All American and ACC defensive player of the year in 2013, as well as the winner of the Outland Trophy (best interior lineman), the Bronko Nagurski Trophy and the Chuck Bednarik Award (best defensive player).
Shonka raved about Donald Tuesday morning on 98.5 The Sports Hub’s Toucher & Rich program:
“He’s just a great football player. One thing that Bill Belichick does is he fits the round peg in the round hole for their system and this guy is just a great football player whether he plays in an under tackle position or whatever. He’s a penetrator, he’s a worker. When you’re on that defensive line you’ve got to be a physical, working football player. You’ve got to keep your feet moving every snap and work up the field. Aaron Donald didn’t just do that this year – he’s done it his whole career [at Pittsburgh]. They’ve moved him all around. He’s played defensive end, but he’s a little short for that in the NFL. His perfect spot is an under tackle in a 4-3 scheme as a penetrator.”
Listen for the full draft discussion and check out Donald’s highlight reel below:
MORE PATRIOTS COVERAGE FROM CBS BOSTON
- Bennett, Edelman, Collins Listed As Questionable For Patriots Vs. Steelers
- Report: Gronkowski, Blount, Edelman All Fined For Actions Vs. Bengals
- Patriots-Steelers Week 7 News, Notes & Fun Facts
- Bill Belichick Works Overtime At Friday Presser, Gives History Lesson On Steelers
- Reports: NFL Didn’t Try Very Hard To Obtain Josh Brown Information; Giants Knew Of Brown’s Abuse All Along