Bruins Plus/Minus: Captain Chara Carries The Load
BOSTON (CBS) – BOSTON (CBS) – Adam Jones touched base with Dave Goucher and Bob Beers of the Boston Bruins Radio Network after the Bruins beat the Calgary Flames 2-0 at home at the TD Garden.
After hearing their analysis, Jones weighed in and highlighted the three best and three worst storylines following the game in a segment we like to call ‘Plus/Minus’.
– Zdeno Chara provided the offense for the Bruins tonight. His two goals made it nine on the year so far with six of them coming via the power play. Those nine goals make him tied for the league lead among defenseman.
– Goaltender Tuukka Rask had 21 saves on 21 shots and his performance gave him his third shutout of the year. Calgary hasn’t scored in Boston since 2006.
– Rookie defenseman Kevan Miller had a shot on goal, three blocked shots and a hit in 18:11 of ice time. He also drew both penalties that led to Bruins goals.
– Brad Marchand, who sat for two minutes after boarding Sean Monahan. It was a borderline hit, but he will not face any discipline by the league.
– Lance Bouma of the Flames had two high sticks to Kevan Miller, which led to both Bruins goals.
– Sluggish first period by the B’s. You want the Bruins to have more energy playing against a lowly team like Calgary, especially early on.
Listen below for Adam’s full discussion and analysis with Dave Goucher and Bob Beers:
MORE SPORTS FROM CBS BOSTON