BOSTON (CBS) – WBZ-TV’s Levan Reid passes along a few notes and fun facts for Sunday’s Patriots-Dolphins game.
– With a win, the Patriots can clinch their fifth straight AFC East Title and 15th playoff birth in 20 seasons.
– The Pats own the NFL’s best record in December since 2001 at 47-6. Bill Belichick’s 49-8 career record in December is the best record among NFL coaches in NFL history.
– Belichick has led the Patriots to 10 division titles. If he gets one more he’ll be tied with Don Shula for the most in the division since the merger.
– A win gives Belichick his 11th career 11-win season.
– The Pats and the Dolphins are squaring off for the 97th time, with Miami holding a 50-46 advantage. The two teams have been playing each other since 1966.
– The Patriots have swept the season series in each of the last three years and have won seven straight against Miami. Overall, they have won nine of their last 10 games against the Dolphins.
– Tom Brady is 17- 6 against the Dolphins but just 6-5 in Miami. He is 58-13 in his career as a starter in the regular season against the AFC East.
– Brady needs 315 yards to reach 4, 000 yards in a season for the sixth time in his career.
– With one more win, Brady will tie Dan Marino for the fourth most wins in NFL history by a starting quarterback.
MORE PATRIOTS COVERAGE FROM CBS BOSTON
- Bill Belichick Reflects On 75th Anniversary Of Pearl Harbor Attack
- Stephen Gostkowski Named AFC Special Teams Player Of The Week For Second Time In 2016
- Brandon Meriweather Discusses Long-Standing Beef With Brandon Marshall
- Tom Brady On Westwood One: Roger Goodell Did Not Congratulate Him On Wins Record