Red Sox 2013 World Series Exhibit Opening At Hall Of Fame In December
BOSTON (CBS) – The Boston Red Sox World Series DVD will hit shelves on Tuesday, but for fans who want to relive some of their favorite moments in person, they just need to make a quick trip to Cooperstown in December.
Beginning December 5, the National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum will cover the Red Sox’ incredible postseason run in their Autumn Glory exhibit, the annual tribute to the World Series Champions in Cooperstown.
Shortly after the Red Sox beat the Cardinals in Game 6 on October 30, the Museum began to collect several artifactsfor the display. Here is a list of the fun items that fans catch a glimpse of up-close as the Hall of Fame celebrates Boston’s third World Series in 10 years:
- Bat used by World Series MVP David Ortiz in the postseason
- Spikes worn throughout the World Series by closer Koji Uehara
- Jacket worn in Game 6 by Red Sox Manager John Farrell
- Catcher’s helmet and mask worn by Red Sox catcher David Ross
- Glove used through the 2013 postseason by Red Sox shortstop Stephen Drew
- Batting gloves used by Boston rookie Xander Bogaerts during the World Series
- Jacket worn by umpire crew chief John Hirschbeck during the World Series
- The fake beard Hall of Famer Carlton Fisk wore when he threw out the ceremonial first pitch in Game 6
- Bat and batting gloves used by Jonny Gomes in Game 4 when his three-run homer gave Boston the win
- Number “0” from Fenway Park scoreboard at end of Game 6
- Jersey worn by Jon Lester in Game 5 when he picked up his second victory of the Fall Classic
The 2013 World Series exhibit in Autumn Glory will be on display through the conclusion of the 2014 Major League Baseball postseason, with entrance to the included with Museum admission.
The Museum will continue to salute the Red Sox’ World Championship of 2013 throughout 2014 with more special programs that will be announced throughout the spring.
MORE SPORTS COVERAGE FROM CBS BOSTON