BOSTON (CBS) – Adam Jones and Rich Keefe were on air postgame following the Celtics 89-83 loss at home to the Charlotte Bobcats.
Al Jefferson, the central piece of the seven-player trade that helped the Celtics acquire Kevin Garnett from Minnesota, led the way for the Bobcats, scoring 22 points and grabbing 11 rebounds against his former team.
Game Of Jones: Over/Under 30 Wins For The Celtics?
The defeat marked their first loss in over a week and ended a four game win streak for the C’s. In looking at their upcoming schedule, Jones can’t help but wonder: is a market correction on its way?
Here are the next 5 games for the Celtics:
– Friday 11/15 vs. the 6-2 Portland Trailblazers
– Saturday 11/16 @ the 6-3 Minnesota Timberwolves
– Tuesday 11/19 @ the Houston Rockets and Dwight Howard
– Wednesday 11/20 @ the 8-1 San Antonio Spurs
– Friday 11/22 vs. the undefeated Indiana Pacers
Celtics At 7: Brad Stevens Can Coach
Jones isn’t taking anything away from the Celtics recent winning streak, but feels like this upcoming stretch of games will be a huge test for the young C’s.
“People went from being in the mix for having the number one pick to maybe they’re in the playoffs, that’s how quickly people turned around on this team. And now you lose tonight to a bad team, and the next five games ain’t so easy,” said Jones.
“Their next five opponents have a combined record of 33-10. Teams are winning three quarters of those games.”
“Is a market correction on the way for this team? It certainly seems that way,” added Jones.
Listen to his full postgame reaction below:
MORE SPORTS FROM CBS BOSTON
- Robb: What Do Signings Of Bentil, Jackson, And Zeller Mean For Celtics?
- Volin: Tom Brady Doesn’t Seem Like Himself, Is More ‘Withdrawn And Quiet’ At Patriots Practices
- Pro Football Talk’s Mike Florio Writes Scalding Opinion On Bill Belichick’s Head Coaching Credentials
- Senator Who Pushed For Anti-Sports Legislation Says NHL ‘In Denial’ On Concussions