BOSTON (CBS) – Gresh & Zo’s ‘No Huddle’ chronicled the major NFL headlines coming out of Week 10. The guys went around the NFL to find the biggest moments.
– The Colts got blown out at home by the St. Louis Rams 38-8, and one of the major reasons for that was the breakout game of rookie wide receiver Tavon Austin. With three total touchdowns including a 98-yard punt return, the Rams finally saw the same explosiveness that got Austin drafted 8th overall out of West Virginia back in April.
– Bears quarterback Jay Cutler returned from injury in Week 10 but left the game late in the fourth quarter. Backup Josh McCown led Chicago on a late touchdown drive to pull within two. The Bears failed to convert on the two-point attempt and lost by the final score of 21-19.
– Bengals receiver AJ Green came down with a hail mary as time expired to send it to overtime against the defending champion Ravens, but would fall to Baltimore 20-17 on a Justin Tucker field goal.
– Peyton Manning had four touchdown passes on the day to beat the San Diego Chargers 28-20. Three of those touchdowns went to Demaryius Thomas.
– Lastly, the Panthers traveled to San Francisco and held the 49ers to just nine points in the 10-9 win. That’s five in a row now for Carolina, who host the Patriots on Monday Night Football November 18th.
MORE SPORTS FROM CBS BOSTON
- Belichick Pleased With ‘Couple Good Weeks’ For Jabaal Sheard And Other Notable Conference Call Quotes
- Chara ‘Probable’ To Return For Bruins Against Panthers
- New England Patriots Team Grades: Tom Brady Breaks Records As Rams Get Trounced
- Brady’s Excellence, Fisher’s Ineptitude On Display And Other Leftover Patriots Thoughts