Victim In Fatal N.H. Fire Identified; Blaze Ruled Accidental

RAYMOND, N.H. (CBS) — A man who died in a house fire Saturday at 37 Regina Ave. has been identified, the state Fire Marshal’s Office reported.

Fire Marshal J. William Degnan, Raymond Police Chief David Salois, and Raymond Fire Chief Kevin Pratt announced Sunday that the victim of the fire was William Duguay, 55, of Raymond.

The state Medical Examiner’s Office identified Duguay’s remains, according to a prepared statement Sunday from the Fire Marshal’s Office.┬áThe cause of death was ruled accidental due to smoke inhalation.

Investigators have determined Duguay was using a small charcoal grill for cooking or heating in the living room of his home. The grill caused the fire because of its close proximity to combustible material, the Fire Marshal’s Office said. No working smoke detectors or carbon monoxide detectors were found in the home. The cause of the fire was ruled accidental.

Degnan urged everyone to make sure they have working smoke detectors on each level of their home and inside bedrooms. As the heating season begins, Degnan reminded all citizens that two of the leading causes of fire deaths in New Hampshire are unattended cooking and improper installation or maintenance of heating appliances in homes.

MORE LOCAL NEWS FROM CBS BOSTON

Comments

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Boston

Summer of Savings
Download Weather App

Listen Live