Cigarette Caused Dorchester Fire That Left 13 Homeless

DORCHESTER (CBS) — Thirteen people are homeless after a fire tore through their triple-decker on Colonial Avenue Saturday night.

The fire spread to a home next door.

All of the residents got out safety but three firefighters were hurt.

Officials say the fire caused at least $350,000 in damage.

Boston Fire said Sunday afternoon the fire started with the careless disposal of a cigarette.

MORE LOCAL NEWS FROM CBS BOSTON
Comments

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Boston

Summer of Savings
Download Weather App

Listen Live