COOPERSTOWN, N.Y. (CBS/AP) — The Baseball Hall of Fame is putting the Red Sox World Series victory on display.
The Hall’s museum has collected items from Boston’s 4-2 third championship in 10 years, which was clinched with a 6-1 victory on Wednesday night.
Gallery: Red Sox Celebrate
Included among the items are:
- Bat used by World Series MVP David Ortiz in Game 5
- Spikes worn throughout the World Series by closer Koji Uehara
- Jacket worn in Game 6 by Red Sox Manager John Farrell
- Catcher’s helmet and mask worn by Red Sox catcher David Ross
- Glove used through the 2013 postseason by Red Sox shortstop Stephen Drew
- Batting gloves used by Boston rookie Xander Bogaerts during the World Series
- Jacket worn by umpire crew chief John Hirschbeck during the World Series
The items were revealed at the Hall in Cooperstown, N.Y., on Thursday.
(TM and © Copyright 2013 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2013 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
MORE SPORTS FROM CBS BOSTON
- Patriots 2018 Schedule Released: New England Opens With Texans, Will Host Rodgers & Packers On SNF
- Rozier Not Worried About Bledsoe’s Amnesia: ‘I’m Worried About Celtics-Bucks’
- New Patriot Troy Niklas Raced Across Country For Birth Of Daughter After His Free Agent Meeting
- Former WWE Star Pete Gas Talks Undertaker-Rusev Situation