Felger & Mazz: 10 Questions With Wiggy
It’s a Wiggy Tuesday and as always Felger has ten questions ready to go for former Patriots tight end Jermaine Wiggins. This week the questions hit on everything from an expansion of the playoff field in the NFL, Phil Kessel and the Patriots.
10 Questions with Wiggy:
10. The NFL is mulling an expansion of the playoff field to 14 teams, eliminating one preseason game. That likely means there will be only one team per conference to get a bye instead of two. Your thoughts?
9. Phil Kessel today signed an 8-year, $64 million contract to remain with the Toronto Maple Leafs. Is Kessel worth it? And if you could undo that trade from the Bruins today, and get Kessel back in exchange for Loui Erickson, Doug Hamilton, Jared Knight and the three prospects sent from Dallas: Joe Morrow, Reilly Smith and Matt Fraser: Would you do it?
8. The US recently completed one of the greatest comebacks in all of sports, erasing an 8-1 deficit against New Zealand and retaining the America’s Cup. Question: Is sailing a sport?
7. In a recent interview, Doc Rivers was asked about taking the Clippers job and said the following: “The risk is all mine. To go to an organization that hasn’t won but [two] playoff series in their entire history, in a town where the other team is the best franchise in sports history that’s risk.” Your thoughts on Doc calling the Lakers the best franchise in the history of sports.
6. Quarterbacks drafted and developed by Bill Belichick are a cumulative 7-0 this season. I ask you, if Brady retired and you could get Brian Hoyer or Matt Cassel back on the Pats, which one would you take?
5. Wiggy word on the street: “I gotta give Big L mad props cause he was B.I.N.G.O. (BINGO)!!! He was on point w/ the knowledge.” Please translate.
4. The NBA has decided to take the finals back to the 2-2-1-1-1 format, scrapping the 2-3-2 format that has been in place since 1985. Thoughts?
3. The Bruins just returned from a team bonding trip to Vermont, where they climbed ropes, rowed canoes and who the hell knows what else. In your 11 years in the NFL and lifetime spent in sports, what is the lamest team-bonding thing you ever seen a coach do?
2. The Ravens continue to insist that the Super Bowl blackout in New Orleans last year was orchestrated by the league. Terrell Suggs said yesterday Roger Goodell always has something up his sleeve. Do you give any credence to the Ravens? And in your time in the league, you ever feel a game wasn’t on the level?
1. I’m not going to ask you who you like this weekend, because it’s always the Pats. So how about this: I can’t imagine you believe the Pats will go 16-0. Look at their schedule and give me their first loss.