Mystery Aircraft Frightens Quincy Residents

By Bill Shields, WBZ-TV

QUINCY (CBS) – A mystery in Quincy continues to deepen: Who is flying around the city from dusk to dawn, for the past ten days or so?

“It’s frightening, not just weird, but frightening,” said one resident of the Wollaston section.

Every night for nearly the last two weeks, residents have spotted a low-flying aircraft doing loops over the city. WBZ has learned the FAA knows what’s going on, but the agency isn’t telling.

“I mean it is strange. I don’t know if they’re looking for somebody, I have no idea,” one resident told WBZ.

It’s not the state or local police doing the flying, and the FAA is giving out little information, even to city officials.

“It’s frustrating, it really is,” says City Councillor Brian Palmucci. “I specifically asked, ‘Is it a law enforcement flight? Can we tell people that?’ He said, ‘No, we can’t tell you that.’ Then I asked that when folks call me can I at least tell them that it is something that they shouldn’t worry about, it’s something they shouldn’t be concerned with? He said, ‘I can’t tell you that.'”

The aircraft doesn’t appear to be flying when it’s cloudy out, only taking to the skies on starlit nights. (Continued…)

Sources tell WBZ that the aircraft is not a drone, that it is manned. FAA spokesman Jim Peters would only say, “We have to be very careful this time” concerning information.

WBZ NewsRadio 1030’s Kim Tunnicliffe reports

Mystery Aircraft In Quincy

Even the Mayor has been kept in the dark. “We’re as frustrated as our constituents,” said Mayor Tom Koch. “We’d like to be able to give our citizens some answers, but we don’t have any answers.”

Obviously when the federal government wants to keep something quiet, they keep it very quiet. In this case, they wouldn’t even say how long it would continue flying for.

“The FBI does not comment on aerial activity,” a statement from the bureau said.

In the meantime, neighbors are complaining the plane is keeping them up at night.

“This strong humming sound as you look up and you go, ‘Oh there she goes again.’ It goes all the way around, comes all the way back, keeps going at 5 o’clock in the morning,” one resident told WBZ NewsRadio.

Palmucci is just hoping he can ease any worries his residents are sharing.

“If it’s an operation that requires some secrecy, that can be appreciated by residents,” said Palmucci. “Just at the very least if the FAA can release something that says there’s nothing that should cause folks any concern, I think that would put people at ease.”

More from Bill Shields

1. Denise Carreiro says:

If its not killing anyone…dont worry about it

2. Ray says:

Shoot it down!

3. dwdude says:

denise said “If its not killing anyone…dont worry about it” sure, let it kill you and then call them to complain. brilliant

4. BAMN says:

Hey, Denise, good answer slave!!!

5. Jeff says:

Can you say ‘Obama drone?’

6. Angus Macpherson says:

Take a few shots at it, you’ll find out who owns it real quick.

7. Retired says:

It’s very common for local police to do surveillance by using a small plane, such as a Cessna 185, orbiting at lower elevations. Usually they stay just high enough to keep the engine noise down. A second or third officer will act as a spotter for the units on the ground. Of course, the police like to keep this sort of information to themselves, that’s why the FAA is silent.

8. Oz says:

thermo scans is my best guess, night allows for cooler ground temps, cloud cover could interrupt too

9. Obamareallysucks says:

Sorry folks: Hillary’s broom has been misfiring since 9/12/12, and we can’t get the twitchiness out of it.
    Bear with us please.

Susan Rice

10. Victor says:

Hey sheeple just go about your business you can trust your government.

11. Jim says:

Janet Reno must have borrowed Obama’s flying carpet……

12. benjamin harrison says:

Dear police,if you find it necessary to spy on your local citizens,at least have the honor to admit it.To spy on people not suspected of a crime is slimy.But,hey,in Massachusetts,slimy is a sliding scale.

13. John says:

Start a fire to warm up the ground a and see who shows up.

14. JohnDoen says:

I haven’t looked and I dont care which “party” the mayor belongs to…get Tom Koch OUT of his position!!!

He referred to citizens as being “our[s]” – same with Council Member Palmucci being concerned about “his residents” – umm – citizens belong to no person. In fact, citizens belong to no government (at least not in the US)- the government belongs to the people and these councilors and mayors are OUR servants.

15. Gelgamark says:

Lol at the retarded hicks and negroes who don’t know what it is.

16. Billy Jack says:

Someone should just shoot it down. Oh wait this is MA, your not allowed to own guns there. Guess your all stuck with the Feds spy planes invading your privacy – SLAVES!

17. Thomas The Paine says:

Just shoot the thing down. . .

18. David says:

The FAA does not want to answer, fine. Shoot it down and ask questions later.

19. Scott says:

Someone needs to get a couple of high powered spotlights (light car lots used) and when the aircraft re-appears just light it up, take pictures, enhance pictures, post to the web…..there you go, problem solved.

20. Sandy says:

If the FAA can’t ID it, then shoot the damn thing down. Then we’ll know what it is.

21. Tommy says:

REALLY!!! People, stop saying it’s “frightening” like your a bunch of simpleton wimps.
    Someone suggest shoot it, ok then, I will. I have watched it also for a week, and I am tired of all the whoohaa about it. I have a permit for my 50 cal sniper rifle with night vision, and tonight, I WILL shoot it. And being a Marine vet sniper, I never miss. I will hit it and I will bring it down. I’m serious, I am going to shoot it, and will do it from a place around here that no one will see or catch me. I know all the hiding places, and known them since I was a kid here. Don’t worry, I will muffle my shot. If it’s a drone, I will bring it down tonight. I will let it make a particular pass away from peoples houses, and then bring it down.

22. David says:

God bless you tommy. Or, just watch from wence it comes, and where it goes. Track it to wherever it lands

23. Howard says:

If it was me I would have shot it down a week ago….

24. Sarah says:

how about this flying mysterie could be trying to electronically connecting people via their electronics with the chemtrails? Since they won’t tell us what the chemtrails are about.. this is a possibility even if it doesen’t seem to make any sense. Nothing does anymore anyways..

25. William Frederick says:

Now, to clue in the clueless –

The plane is OBVIOUSLY a Bilderbergers chem trails check plane.

They run days and nights to monitor how much of the toxic material is making it to the ground. The ones running days go over the treetops near stall speed and you can clearly see the standard- issue black cylinder chemicals monitoring device on the undercarriage of the planes.

Mystery solved.

26. Brian says:

It seems probable to me that the patterns of flights and the secrecy mean that the flights are searching for radioactive material used to make dirty bombs. The NSA has gone through the electronic surveillance related to the Boston Bombers and the Feds have decided that there may be a risk of possible catastrophic danger to the community. Therefore they can’t say there is no danger and they can’t say what is going on. The risk is probably low, but the Feds can’t afford to miss another terrorist attack. The community needs to ignore the flights or leave town until the flights stop. If there was a big danger the community would be evacuated and all the vehicles would be scanned for radiation signatures. I view this as the federal government backtracking and trying to do a thorough job of protecting the community.

27. Bruce Stevens says:

Shoot the fn thing down. Just get your rifle or pistol and unload when it flies over.

28. Seth says:

Maybe someone can hack it’s controlling frequency more readily than shooting it down.

29. dunce says:

I would bet that 100 to 1 that not one of the morons advocating shooting it down belong to the NRA. They never advocate breaking any law. So who are these nimrods?

30. audaxrex says:

…looking for grow-op heat signatures. Gotta bust those tokers.

31. mike says:

It is a Gov drone. they are testing and practicing over city to see how well it works in monitoring people – like you and me.

32. Dale Briere says:

The city should file a FOIA request. After all, who does the city belong to, its citizens or the federal government?

33. I have a mint condition Barrett M82A1 .50BMG sniper rifle with optics so good that they’ll give you an erection. I’m accurate out to about 800 meters; and I’m available to shoot down the mystery aircraft. In other words, Have Gun Will Travel.