Overheated Laptop Computer Blamed For 2-Alarm Milford Blaze

MILFORD (CBS) – An overheated laptop computer sitting on a cardboard box is being blamed for a huge fire that tore through a home on Water Street early Wednesday morning.

When police arrived, everyone was out of the home.

Police told WBZ-TV 16-year-old Folusha Adigan was inside the house and was the first to see smoke and made sure everyone got out safely.

“I’m just glad all my family is OK and everyone else, the neighbors too, because the fire could have spread to their houses,” Adigan told WBZ-TV. “I’m just so thankful, thank God.”

According to Milford Fire, the 2-alarm blaze started on the first floor and quickly spread through the roof.

The fire department blamed the home’s old construction for allowing the flames to move so fast.

Two other houses were initially evacuated out of fear they would also catch fire. The vinyl siding on a neighboring home was damaged, according to Milford Fire.

Red Cross responded to the scene to assist the family.

Comments

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Boston

WheelMobile
Download Our App

Listen Live