The Bear Essentials: Potential Line Change For Bruins And Other Quick Hits Around The NHL
Buy Bruins Tickets
BOSTON (CBS) – Here are a few quick hits around the NHL following the Boston Bruins’ 1-3 road trip.
- Will one of the top lines in hockey finally be tweaked?
Milan Lucic skated with third line alongside Rich Peverley and Jordan Caron at practice on Sunday. Daniel Paille moved to second line while Brad Marchand was playing alongside David Krejci and Nathan Horton.
When asked why he changed up the lines, Claude Julien said, “Because I can. Because I’m the coach. And every once in a while, you’ve got to do those things. Simple as that.”
- Here are the point totals for Claude’s hypothetical new lines:
Line 1 – Horton, Krejci, Marchand – 66 points
Line 2 – Paille, Bergeron, Seguin – 59 points
Line 3 – Caron, Peverley, Lucic – 28 points (Slightly skewed due to Caron’s short stint.”)
- The trade deadline is just over a week away, and Jerome Iginla lists Boston, Chicago, LA and Pittsburgh as four teams he would OK a trade to.
- The Pittsburgh Penguins acquired Brendan Morrow, Captain of the Dallas Stars.
Morrow was deciding “which club he thought gave him a better chance to win” between Pittsburgh and Boston — he picked Pittsburgh.
Dallas receives defensive prospect Joe Morrow from the Penguins and a fifth round pick. Meanwhile Pittsburgh gets the Stars captain AND a third round pick.
But here’s an interesting take on Morrow from Yahoo! Sports’ Puck Daddy: “(Morrow) has just 11 points and is a minus-8 through 29 games this season and doesn’t appear to be the same player he once was.”
Read: Bruins-Leafs Preview
- Ilya Kovalchuk injured his shoulder and will be out 2-4 weeks.
- There are rumors that Jaromir Jagr may be on the trading block.
- Will Coyote’s defenseman Keith Yandle be on trading block? Phoenix signed defenseman Oliver Ekman-Larsson and according to Mark Spector of Sportsnet, “any deal made with Yandle involved would have to bring the Coyotes — 19th in the league in scoring — some offensive help.” The 26-year-old Yandle was born in Boston.
- The “Evil Genius” Guy Boucher has been ousted as head coach of the Tampa Bay Lightning.
Mark Feldman has worked at 98.5 The Sports Hub for the last four years and currently works on the Gresh & Zolak show. Follow Mark on Twitter @Feldman985.