Bruins CentralShop for Bruins Gear
Buy Bruins Tickets
BOSTON (CBS) – Here are some quick notes from the Bruins loss to the Jets Tuesday night.
- Boston suffers its third consecutive loss on the road.
- Adam McQuaid was injured in first and the Bruins were forced to go to a five-man D rotation:
- Seidenberg plays 27:57
- Chara: 26:51
- Ference: 22:10
- Boychuk: 21:41
- Hamilton: 17:40
- Once Winnipeg received news of Carolina loss to the Panthers the team shifted into second gear. Meanwhile, Bruins played a sloppy third period.
- On Saturday, Julien stressed “emotional investment” against Washington and Boston came out flying. But it seemed like Jets were more emotionally invested in the game’s final frame.
- Pavelec played very well, stopping 27 of Boston’s 28 shots.
- The Bruins have lost six games in regulations this season. Out of those six, five were because of blown leads in the third period.
- Kevin Paul Dupont Tweets: Bruins have gone from shut down to shot down in third periods.
- Blake Wheeler’s PP goal ended Bruins’ 27 successful penalty kills.
- Bruins power play was unable to convert, including on a 5-3 opportunity. Overall, they went 0-4 on the man-advantage.
- Ryan Spooner made no major mistakes filling in for the injured David Krejci on the B’s top line.
- Brad Marchand netted his 13th goal of season, ending a seven-game goal drought.
- Josh Deering Tweet: Only four more games until Bruins get back-to-back days off for the first time this month. Last time this season.
- Pittsburgh became the first team in NHL history to have a 10-game winning streak in three consecutive years.
- The Canadiens five-game win streak was snapped in Buffalo.
Mark Feldman has worked at 98.5 The Sports Hub for the last four years and currently works on the Gresh & Zolak show. Follow Mark on Twitter @Feldman985.