BOSTON (CBS) – Here are some quick notes from the Bruins loss to the Jets Tuesday night.
– Boston suffers its third consecutive loss on the road.
– Adam McQuaid was injured in first and the Bruins were forced to go to a five-man D rotation:
- Seidenberg plays 27:57
- Chara: 26:51
- Ference: 22:10
- Boychuk: 21:41
- Hamilton: 17:40
– Once Winnipeg received news of Carolina loss to the Panthers the team shifted into second gear. Meanwhile, Bruins played a sloppy third period.
– On Saturday, Julien stressed “emotional investment” against Washington and Boston came out flying. But it seemed like Jets were more emotionally invested in the game’s final frame.
– Pavelec played very well, stopping 27 of Boston’s 28 shots.
– The Bruins have lost six games in regulations this season. Out of those six, five were because of blown leads in the third period.
– Kevin Paul Dupont Tweets: Bruins have gone from shut down to shot down in third periods.
– Blake Wheeler’s PP goal ended Bruins’ 27 successful penalty kills.
– Bruins power play was unable to convert, including on a 5-3 opportunity. Overall, they went 0-4 on the man-advantage.
– Ryan Spooner made no major mistakes filling in for the injured David Krejci on the B’s top line.
– Brad Marchand netted his 13th goal of season, ending a seven-game goal drought.
– Josh Deering Tweet: Only four more games until Bruins get back-to-back days off for the first time this month. Last time this season.
– Pittsburgh became the first team in NHL history to have a 10-game winning streak in three consecutive years.
– The Canadiens five-game win streak was snapped in Buffalo.
Mark Feldman has worked at 98.5 The Sports Hub for the last four years and currently works on the Gresh & Zolak show. Follow Mark on Twitter @Feldman985.