Two-Alarm Fire Starts In Wakefield School’s Carpentry Shop

WAKEFIELD (CBS) – Firefighters from several communities responded to a fire at Northeast Metro Tech vocational school in Wakefield Tuesday night.

The fire started in the carpentry shop.

Night school students in the shop were in the middle of class when a spark from one of the machines landed in the dust collection system, starting a fire.

Sparks also ended up in the ventilation system, where they caught sawdust on fire, allowing the flames to spread in a hurry.

Everyone in the class made it out OK and despite the technical challenges presented, no firefighters were hurt. The fire was difficult to fight due the lack of a sprinkler system.

Comments

One Comment

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Boston

Summer of Savings
Download Weather App
Taz Show

Listen Live