Fire Leaves Stoughton Firefighter Homeless For The Holidays

ABINGTON (CBS) – An electrical issue is being blamed for a fire that destroyed the home of a Stoughton firefighter.

Strong winds helped fuel the fire, which broke out at the house on Doris Drive in Abington at about 12:45 p.m. on Friday.

While no one was home during the blaze, firefighter Jack Hussey and his family lost everything. 

Stoughton Fire Rescue has formed a relief fund to help out the family.

“They call it a brotherhood, and it truly truly is,” said Jim Curtin, a fireman with the Stoughton Fire Department. “We’ve heard from as far away as New York City. Fire houses from there last night called and wanted to donate to help Jack out.”

Despite being displaced from their home, it’s clear there is no shortage of support for the Husseys this holiday season.

Comments

More From CBS Boston

July 4 Guide
Download Weather App

Listen Live