Patriots-Dolphins Fun Facts
New England Patriots
Buy Patriots Tickets
Patriots CentralShop for Patriots Gear
BOSTON (CBS) – Here are some fun facts for Sunday’s Patriot-Dolphins game in Miami.
- If the Patriots win on Sunday they will earn their 12th straight winning season. Only San Francisco (1983-98) and Dallas (1970-85) have more with 16.
- Since 2001, the Pats are 57-15 against the AFC East, but seven of those losses have come against the Dolphins.
- Bill Belichick is 43-7 in December with the Patriots. It’s the best record among head coaches with one team in NFL history.
- The Pats have won eight of the last 10 games against Miami, including a sweep the last two seasons.
- The Pats are 28-17 against the Dolphins in New England, including 8-2 at Gillette. They are just 14-33 all-time against the Dolphins in Miami.
- In nine career games against his former team, Wes Welker has caught 75 passes for 981 yards and four touchdowns. He’s averaging 109 receiving yards per game against the Dolphins.
- Tom Brady is 53-12 in the regular season against AFC East opponents with six of those 12 losses coming against the Dolphins. He is 14-6 against them overall.
- Dolphins head coach Joe Philbin was born in Springfield, MA and kicked off his coaching career at Worcester Polytechnic Institute in 1986.
- Dolphins Offensive Coordinator Mike Sherman is a native of Norwood, MA. He coached the offensive line at Holy Cross from 1985-87.
- Miami Tight End Will Yeatman was originally signed by the Patriots as a rookie free agent in 2011.
- Wes Welker played for Miami from 2005-06 and totaled 1, 121 yards on 96 catches during his two seasons with the team.
- Rob Ninkovich was a Dolphin in 2007 and 2008, playing in 5 games for Miami.
- Bill Belichick (200) needs one more win to tie Dan Reeves for seventh place on the all-time coaching win list.
- Tom Brady has 52 career 300-yard games in the regular season. He needs one more to break a fifth place tie with Kurt Warner on that list.
- Brady has 35 games with three touchdowns and no interceptions in his career. He needs one more of those games to tie Brett Farve for second place on that list. Peyton Manning is number one with 37.
- With 10 tackles on Sunday, Jerod Mayo will have notch his sixth straight game with 10-plus tackle. He had ten of those games in 2010.
- Rob Ninkovich has six sacks this season and needs one more to set a career best. He had 6.5 in 2011 for the Pats.
- Stevan Ridley needs 61 yards and he’ll reach the 1,000-yard plateau, becoming the 12th Patriots player to reach 1,000 yards.
- Wes Welker needs 39 receiving yards to have his fifth career 1,000 yard season.
Tune in to Sunday’s Patriots-Dolphins game on WBZ-TV and 98.5 The Sports Hub! Pregame coverage begins on 98.5 with Patriots Preview at 10 am, with Patriots GameDay on WBZ-TV at 11:30 am. Kickoff is at 1 pm, and after the game tun in to 98.5 for three full hours of post game coverage, and Patriots 5th Quarter on myTV38!